1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny E-85 Nightmare !!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by tobiason, Sep 6, 2004.

1. tobiason

tobiason

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am having trouble with the timeslip on my e85.
    I have got the SKY box scart linked to the television and the Vcr out of the sky box linked to av2 of the E85 so I can do the ext link from the personal planner (that works fine)

When I try and timeslip I get the current picture in the small current tv window and the last recorded program in the main window.

HELP !!!

thanks

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    The problem being that you want to see the current programme I assume? Bring up the list of recorded programmes and select the new one.

3. tobiason

tobiason

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, seen a lot of post here with the correct setups for using sky, not a lot mention problems with timeslip.

Currently I have

tv ---> sky1
    Sky2 (Vcr output) ---> e-85 (to av2 so I can use ext link)

av1 is not connected to anything.

4. tobiason

tobiason

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So is there a right way to set the e-85 up ?

5. OARDVD

OARDVD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don’t see what your connections have to do with using Timeslip – as long as you can make a recording & view it then there shouldn’t be a problem. You may need to provide additional information about what it is you are trying to achieve, but for now I will assume you want to use Timeslip to move the play point forward during Chasing Playback of the same recording:

If you press ‘Timeslip’ during Chasing Playback you get a small window within a large window as you previously described. The small window indicates what is currently being recorded. The large window shows what is currently being played. To jump forward ‘x’ minutes press the ‘Up’ cursor repeatedly until you see the desired number of minutes come up, then press ‘Enter’. The play point will now jump forward by ‘x’ minutes and the large window will now show this. Now press ‘Timeslip’ to remove the small window.

By the way:
    1) If you have just started recording and you immediately press play (ie Chasing Playback) then you will not be able to jump forward using Timeslip until at least one minute has passed. This is because you can only Timeslip in 1-minute increments.

2)You can also jump back by using the ‘Down’ cursor in the same way.