Panny DVR recorder can't connect via HDMI to PX80B!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Pearcy93, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Pearcy93

Pearcy93
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a Panny DMR-EZ25 recorder rigged up to my old Panny 32" CRT via scart & all worked fine.

Set up my new PX80B with a Humax Foxsat HDR connected to the TV viaHDMI:1, & the DMR-EZ25 connected to the TV via HDMI:2

-All great via the Humax/HDMI1 - no probs,

However, I cannot get any signal at all from the EZ25, unless I connect it via scart.

I have tried swapping the HDMI cables between the Foxsat & the EZ25 to check that it's not the cable & both cables are fine.

I then tried the Foxsat into HDMI:2 on the TV to check the HDMI: port on the TV - again fine.

(via scart AV1) I tried messing around with the connection settings in the EZ25 menu, but there are only 2 options for the HDMI, 1 with viera link & one without - tried both options, no different :(

Can anyone help? - could it be that the HDMI port on the EZ25 is faulty?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  2. Pearcy93

Pearcy93
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Update - took the DVD recorder to a friend of mines, he also has an EZ25.

It turns out that within the on screen menu HDMI settings on my machine the first 3 (out of 4) options are 'greyed out' & cannot be changed.

This isn't the same on his EZ25, he can change any of the 4 HDMI options.

Nothing that we changed on my machine made any difference - reset to factory defaults & so on...

Therefore, the end result is the same in that my machine would not be recognised when connected to his (Pioneer) plasma via HDMI. It can only be connected via scart or component.

Anyone else come across this before?

3. choddo2006

choddo2006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +542
    Worth moving to the DVD section perhaps as it doesn't seem to be plasma specifc? PM me if you want moved.