Panny DMREX77 or Sony ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by atr1981, Sep 15, 2007.

1. atr1981

atr1981

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Hi Guys,

Currently got a u/s Panny DMREZ25 that I want to change.

I have thought about the DMREX77 but wondered if there was a player of the same sort of spec to consider ?

Perhaps a Sony ?

Alex.

2. MuksC

MuksC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    I have the Panasonic and it's fantastic.

a similar spec'd machine is the Sony RDRHXD870B-CEK (B indicated black, S indicates silver unit): Click

compared to the Panasonic DMR-EX77-EB-K (K = black, S = silver): Click

(don't necessarily buy from there, just giving you the spec from someone who sells both recorders. DigiUK.com do the EX77 in black for £230, or the next model up, the EX87 which has a 250GB hdd, for £296. you can probably find them both cheaper at other online retailers though, i saw the EX87 for £288.89 the other day. The silver versions seems to be more expensive than the black ones at most places though, don't know why.)

I haven't read the threads about the Sony, but if you search for "Sony 870" you'll probably find lots of threads in which people tell you their likes/dislikes and any problems with the machine.

same for the Panasonic, search for "Panasonic EX77" and you'll find lots of threads.

I've had the Panasonic for 2 days and i haven't had any problems with it and think it's brilliant (see my opinions in this thread:Click), so i'd recommend it to you, but you'd need to read the opinions of Sony owners too, to get a fair opinion on which one you'd like to buy.

3. atr1981

atr1981

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Thank you for your in depth reply.

Ours is going to be away for 6 weeks getting repaired so think i'm going to go for the new model once it is returned. Don't want to be using soiled goods. :rolleyes: