1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny DMRES-1- and 42PD5200

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by james_19742000, Sep 15, 2005.

1. james_19742000

james_19742000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I am thinking about buying the Panny DMRES-10 DVD recorder just to generally upgrade, what would be the best connection to my 42PD5200?? I believe the DMRES10 has progressive scan (the leads with teh green one???) would you connect via this to the Plasma or something else?? What is teh name for the leads I would need if that was teh case, so I can order them if needed.

Thanks as I am getting confused in this minefield of leads etc!!!!

Thanks in advance, James.

2. bu5ter

bu5ter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    Hi I have just got the DMR-ES10 myself and its vey nice too playback through preogressive is fantastic for a cheap player/recorder. the best option on this would be to buy something like this http://www.cableuniverse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=133
    this is a standard 75ohm component video cable which you should have corresponding sockets on your TV. you then need to go into the setup menu on dvd recorder and set the output to be progressive.

Bear in mind that no sound goes down these cables unlike a scart lead but the only way to use the progressive scan option is via component. If you want sound to the set from your dvd recorder you will need to connect the two standard stereo RCA connections to an available audio in but your best bet is the optical out to an amp for Dolby Digital/ DTS on playback.

Hope this helps.