1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny DMRE100 dubbing in widescreen?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by soleus, Dec 31, 2003.

1. soleus

soleus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have just burnt the Office Christmas specials onto DVD from HDD (my first attempt at anything like this) and have found that my Panny tv doesn't automatically recognise the burnt DVD as widescreen.

It is only a minor pain to manually adjust the tv screen to widescreen but I wondered if I am missing something in the DVD recorder's settings which will remedy this.

2. Yuccaman

Yuccaman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    You're missing nothing....

The Panasonics will not copy the widescreen switching signal to a DVD-R. It will only be availalbe on RAM of the HDD.

The "Dubbing Aspect" setting offers slight control over how a DVD-R will burn, The "Squeeze" setting seems best to me for playback on a WS TV, but for 4:3 TV's, the "Letterbox" setting is best.

Not sure why, mind you. There have been previous threads on this subject, but my small mind found them a little confusing :)