panny DMR HS2

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by guinness1, Feb 6, 2005.

1. guinness1

guinness1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello guys,got a problem with my panny dmr-hs2.yestarday wile recording a tv program the panny just stop and went to stanby with the small red led on!!after represing the power botton the red led goes off but nothing happen,the only thing on the hs2 pannel is the time!!to put it back on stanby i have to old the power stanby botton for about 15 sec,but then when i power it again i do get the same problem,led off,and only time on the pannel!!only once i see the code u99 when first stop!!hope you can help!!thank you!!

2. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    You need to turn the Panny right off with a code 99. Then it can reset itself from cold. Hopefully!

3. guinness1

guinness1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    done that with no luck!!!been off all day!! :confused:

4. guinness1

guinness1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    whaooo!!!!!!!just like magic i manage to sort it out!!!!!!!

5. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    What did you do? Information like that might be useful to someone else - even if was a fluke! ;)

6. guinness1

guinness1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok offcourse!! i did take out the top cover and i did only 2 things!!!
    1) i did pull out the fuse that is in the board next to the fun,try to power it on,but offcourse with no fuse was completely dead. 2)so i puted back the fuse and i was in doubt if maybe i forgot a dvd inside the tray and maybe jammed something,so the only way to see if a dvd was still in there was to open the front of the dvd tray by pushing back in a plastic pin that was keeping the front close!!!so i slide it down,look inside and no dvd was there!put the cover back,plug it back and ,wait till the red led came on,then power it on by pushing the power botton on the remote!!!RECOVER appered ,then the miracle!!!!
    hope i did exsplain my self well!!!hope it helps others!!

by the way:to make it region free look like i need to purchase or rent for the day a disk and a remote!!!wondering if there is a way with only the disk,and what would be the name of the disk!!!