Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panny DMR-Es10

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nick270881, Jun 22, 2005.

1. nick270881

nick270881

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    Hello Y'all
    I am looking at getting one of these, it looks a great buy for £200

To be honest i will be using it mainly for playback, but like the idea of being able to record my old vids on to it aswell as some of my Sky+ progs!

At the moment I am playing my dvds through my slimline Ps2 (s-Video connection), viewed on a brand new Sony 32Dx200 Tv, Will i see much difference in picture and sound quality with this panny as opposed to my Ps2???

anybody have one of these recorders? any feedback?
    Cheers

2. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    To be honest if you change your PS2 S-Video cable to a PS2 Component cable you will see a vast improvement in picture quality. You will see marginal improvement with the ES10 via component when compared to the PS2 via component. If you want tip top picture quality you're best off investing in a separate high end DVD player.

*EDIT* I too spent many years with my PS2 as my main DVD player before I invested in my DVD recorder a couple of months back. The PS2 isn't as bad a DVD player as many people make it out to be but picture quality is highly dependent upon the type of cable used. Go Component where possible, or RGB SCART coupled with a DVD Region X (to remove green screen) as second choice. The PS2 doesn't peform well with S-Video as I noticed the picture was washed out and suffered bad colour bleed especially on reds. Composite produces a rubbish picture as does the humble RF aerial lead.

S.