Panny DMR-EH50 RGB Pass Through When in Standby ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stevegant, Apr 2, 2005.

1. stevegant

stevegant
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can anyone confirm if the Panny DMR-EH50 provides RGB pass through when in standby.

Basically I have my NTL cable box TV out connected via SCART (RGB) to DMR-EH50 AV2 (set to RGB input) . I have the AV1 SCART on the DMR-EH50 set to S-Video and connected via SCART to Panny Plasma SCART board. I have not enabled the RGB out on the recorder as this disables the component output which I have connected to a componment board in my Panny Plasma. Now the question is ..... when the Recorder is in standby, will it pass through the RGB from my Cable Box to my plasma, or will the fact that AV1 output on the recorder is set to S-Video stop the RGB pass trough ?

I want to be able to get the RGB via SCART signal from my Cable box to my plasma when the recorder is in standby. I dont wan't to enable the RGB output on AV1 on the recorder as this will stop me using the component outputs !

Thanks for any help !

2. AVmaster

AVmaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The new 2005/6 models have an option in the connections menu to output Component and Scart RGB simulteneously so you can retain the RGB loop through when instandby.

3. Kamakazie

Kamakazie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    ahhh i was wondering a similar thing, except i would like to connect a digibox via RGB scart to the recorder then component out every signal into my AV/Reciever (750SE which has video-up capability)...... is this possible or do i have to seperately scart from the Recorder to the display to get a passthrough whilst in standby??
    ie: i cant use passthrough from RGB scart to Composite and only Scart to Scart??

hope that makes sense
    cheers.

4. stevegant

stevegant
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Kamakazie, the recorder will only convert RGB to Component when it is actually on (not when it's in standby). Therefore, you would need either an additional SCART from your Digibox to your Plasma or run a SCART from the recorder to your plasma as well. What I am still unsure of is if the recorder does actually pass through RGB when it's in Standby. Last night I experimented further as I find that when the recorder is in standby the pass through of RGB via SCART to my plasma gives a picture that lacks definition around the edges - obvious if you bring up the NTL guide etc. If I then turn the recorder on, the picture becomes much more crisp.

Can anyone confirm 100% if this recorder does give full RGB pass through when in standby ?

5. AVmaster

AVmaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes, you definately get RGB loop through in standby, that's how I've had my E100, E85 & HS2 connected.
    It's a shame about losing the Component output when in standby, but the recorder will stay on if you stop the playback of a program so it remembers the last play point without hitting stop twice.

6. Kamakazie

Kamakazie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    ok thats great thanks....

what i might do is take get an JS RGB>Component box and connect the scart loopthrough to a component in on my AV/Reciever which has videoup.... that probabl simplifies things in terms of remote controls and leaves things neater.
    I'll have to decide closer to the time.

7. AVmaster

AVmaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Not a bad idea.
    I cheated a little with mine. My amp feeds the Component signals to my plasma, but I also have an RGB Scart lead fed from DVD recorder to Plasma so that the Scart output from my set top box can be fed to the plsma when the DVD recorder is off.