1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny DMR E95 Connections

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mike@#36, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Mike@#36

Mike@#36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi, I have just ordered a Panny E95 DVD recorder that I want to link into my system. Can anyone help with how to link it up and keep my VCR in 'the circuit'. The kids still have some videos they like to watch and I would like to be able to archive some videos etc.

I currently have all my kit linked with Scart cables as such:
    TV AV2 to VCR AV1
    VCR AV2 to SAT VCR Scart
    TV AV1 to SAT Scart​

I would like to know the best way of cabling up the DVD when it arrives (and get the right number of cables) so all ideas welcome. i.e. is it posible to link it 'in line', or will I need some scart splitters etc, or are there some other sockets I can use???

Thanks all

2. AVmaster

AVmaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The proper way is to demote the VCR for playback only. The best way to do this is to connect the DVD recorder directly in place of the VCR and pray that your TV has a 3rd Scart socket to connect the VCR to. Alternatively you would have to connect the VCR to the AV4 phono inputs on the back of the DVD recorder which would mean the use of a Scart to 3 phono lead (make you got one the right way round, or one with a switch to toggle in/out).

3. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    There is no issue here, just place the recorder between the tv and the sat, tv av1 to dvd av1, dvd av2 to sat tv out, and you don't need to change the vcr, everything will then work correctly

4. Mike@#36

Mike@#36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks AVM and Ken,

The machine arrived yesterday. Fortunately the instructions provide very clear details about how to do this, I need a scart to six phono lead and link it up similar to AV Master's suggestion.

Scart on VCR to the AV4 sockets (has both in & out) on the DVD recorder.

Thanks again