Panny DMR E85 correct connections

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by robbogee, Sep 5, 2004.

1. robbogee

robbogee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :blush: Sorry if this has already been covered, but can anyone tell me the correct way to connect:-
    Loewe Aventos TV with 3 SCARTS, Panasonic DMR E85 DVD recorder with 2 SCARTS, Nokia Freeview STB with 2 SCARTS and (not essential, but preferable) Panasonic VCR with 2 SCARTS.
    I've tried connecting as per DMR instructions, but I can only watch the programme I am recording. Shouldn't I be able to watch programmes from Nokia while recording analogue transmissions, and vice versa?

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    Connect as follows:

Nokia TV Out (set to RGB) >>> AV2 on the Panasonic E85 and then AV1 >>> TV EXT 1 (RGB in)

Nokia VCR Out >>> Input on the VCR and then output >>> TV EXT 2

Notes
    Ensure you set AV1 and AV2 on the E85 to RGB (goto Functions/Setup/Connection). You will be able to watch Freeview in RGB quality but if recording from the internal tuner of the E85 you'll need to watch Freeview through the VCR (in composite).

3. robbogee

robbogee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Razczak, thanks very much for the advice. I'll try again when I've got 2 long SCART leads for my VCR, which is at a short distance from the TV etc.