1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panny dmr-E55 remote range

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by brethy, Oct 15, 2004.

1. brethy

brethy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder if someone could help me, I've had my Pannny E55 for a couple of months now and am really pleased with it's ease of use and recording quality. The only thing is that it doesn't seem to have a very wide infra-red remote pick up, I have to be face on, about six feet away (maximum) to get the remote to work. Please could someone tell me if this is the range of the sensor or do you think I have a duff one, I've replaced the batteries but it hasn't made any difference. It's quite urgent as it means I have to get up off the settee to change settings :laugh: .

Thanks for any help.

Donna :)

2. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    mine works from about 8ft away, the maximum I can take it in my room. However if I point it at the wall behind (dark wallpaper) it still works so the range must be much more than that.

3. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    THe panasonic HS2 remote also has to be pointed directly at the unit for it to work, up to max of about 10ft away, and this reduces as the batteries go down.

I think this is normal for the panasonic range, just make sure the batteries are good, you can always finish them off in a less demanding remote for something else.

4. brethy

brethy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't faulty, guess I'll just have to sit face on, not much range compared to other remotes though!.

Donna

5. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I wouldn't say its not faulty. As I said in my earlier post mine works from 8 ft away (that's the maximum my room allows) and it still works if pointed at a dull papered wall 180 degrees away from the E55 recorder. Yours should work at a much greater range than you are getting based upon what mine does.