1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny Dmr 65, Av4 Question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by philbradley, Mar 21, 2005.

1. philbradley

philbradley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I HAVE A DMR 65 AND APPEAR SO FAR TO HAVE ALL WORKING CORRECT, THOUGH I HAVE PLUGGED A PLAY STATION INTO MY vcr (WHICH HAS THE FUNCTION TO SWITCH TO SAT IN OR NORMAL INPUT) SO I CAN PLAY EITHER VIDEOS OR THE PLAYSTATION THROUGH IT.

ANYWAY I HAVE PLUGGED THE VIDEO SCART TO THE AV4 CONNECTION ON THE DMR 65, DO I NEED TO PLUG THE AV4 OUTPUT NOW INTO THE tv OR IS THERE A WAY OF MAKING THE AV4 INPUT GO THROUGH THE dmr'S AV 1 OUTPUT CABLE....

THANKS

PHIL

2. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Your should be able to select AV4 on E65 as source and should appear on AV output to TV

3. philbradley

philbradley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have since been told from panosonic that and i quote

In response, the AV4 input on the DVD recorder will not work if there are active items connected to either AV2 or AV3 input of the unit. We would suggest purchasing a switching box for some of your other items to connect to the television rather than routing multiple items through the DVD recorder. Please contact the manufacturer of the television if you require further wiring advice.

i hope is not true...

also they told me for interests sake

In response, we do not recommend the use of 8x or 16x disks in our recorder units. Also, if you connect to the AV4 input, you can use the standard AV1 output as normal.

they say should use 4 x

well ill keep trying to figure out the cable situation ...........

4. Wackojacko32

Wackojacko32
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    This is rubbish. I have my video connected to AV4 on my E65, Sky+ to AV2 and can watch a video on AV4 even if Sky is on. You have to keep the E65 switched on and AV4 selected. I suspect they are talking about passthrough when the E65 is off.

Wackojacko32