1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panny different references

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by neo-20, Mar 16, 2003.

1. neo-20

neo-20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!
    can any one tell me what are the matching references to 42' panny plasmas in mailand europe? Specially in what regards the Panasonic TH-42PHD5BX, which I think gets something like an EX #. Also is there any match between UK and EU references and US, or the models are diferent?
    Thanks.
    Manuel

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    EU models say EX on the box, but nowhere elseco they are identical to uk screens. I guess the majority of members have eu screens, anyone selling below £4k is selling a eu one. That's not an issue, they are fully supported by Panasonic UK, it's their fault for setting such a ridiculously high UK trade price.

3. thxultra

thxultra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    i bought a bx model for 3200 2 months ago

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Can't be done. UK trade is 3860+VAT

5. peo

peo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's funny, because mine's a BX and cost 3200 too.

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Mine said bx on the end of the box, the invoice was for a b-ex. It's a euro import. None the worse for it, once it's on the wall you can't tell. I hear the other way to tell, unless the retailer is very crafty, is to see how many languages the manuals come in, whether it has a euro power lead as well, and finall the serial number. But hell it doesn't matter anyway, they do honour the warranty, (mine's been back) and it is an absolutely identical product in every way.

7. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,593
    Hello all

thxultra and Peo - you may have missed that its the PHD 1024 x 768 display that Neo-21 is asking about - not the PWD 852 x 480 display.

MAW - not this month; some good deals to be had before the end of the financial year!

In the UK the difference in warranty between a BX and an EX displays being that the BX displays have an On-site with loan replacement warranty rather than a Return to Manufacturer warranty.

Neo-20 - BX indicates its a display supplied by Panasonic UK and EX indicates its a display supplied by Panasonic Europe.

The X lets you know that there is no video card fitted from the factory and you or your dealer will have to fit whichever card you order with the display.

The displays on sale in the US will be pretty similar in spec to the UK models and whilst I'm not up on current US model numbers the 1024 x 768 panel will be pretty similar in most respects.

Best regards

Joe

8. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    joe, have you actually tried the warranty, our 50", uk model blew it's power supply and went back, they had no loan screen, away for 3 weeks. Our 42", a euro screen, fixed no questions asked, but just the same. Exhibitions are hard on them BTW!!! I'm sure they don't all go wrong!

9. peo

peo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good point Joe, I did miss that! Ooops. :blush:

That explains alot!

10. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,593
    MAW

Ah yes the vagaries of Panasonic Service - it takes a dedicated dealer with a good hot line into Panasonic UK sometimes to keep things on track!!!

Are you guys going for the flush mount look on your exhibition stands? if so please get some additional air push/pull into the void behind the displays.

I've had all of the following treatments meted out to our hire stock:
    01. Bezel frame painted by the stand contractor to match the colour of the stand.

02 Six inch nails used to 'wedge' the display hard up against an aperture opening in the wall of a stand.

03. About a dozen displays flush mounted into apertures in a completely sealed enclosure - boy they got hot!

peo - you'll have to practice a bit more before you get a full membership to the Plasma Parka brigade :)

Best regards

Joe

11. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    negative on all those points, we own them! 24/7 in the course of a show is as bad as we get. Both failures were the power supply.