Panny D25 DVB-S EPG Missing

Gooner

Standard Member
Reaction score
A few days ago I lost the DVD-S EPG listing on my Panasonic TX-L42D25L (Ireland model). All the channels show up in the order I had them set in the EPG, which I can access when I scroll through the channels using the channel up/down button on the remote. I have tried the update channel list in the settings menu - no good. I have also tried the Auto Setup but this stops after a second or two. Once since the problem started I got the New channels found message but after the scan the EPG still drew a blank. The tuner seems to be fine, as I can scan a frequency & the channels appear "found". I am now unable to set the timer since there are no channels in the EPG to program the timer - "no listings found".
Any suggestions besides a factory reset, I don't want to loose what I have should nothing reappear after the reset.
Strangely the DVB-T side of things, functions are fine, full EPG listings & timer functionality.
Please help

I'm no expert but I believe that the EPG is transmitted from one satellite which is not quite in the same place as the Astras. It's possible that your dish is slightly off or maybe a faulty LNB.
You'll get more reliable help in the Satellite TV section of AVF.
Alex.

It's not the LNB, the same quad LNB feeds my Sky box which is working fine. My TV has a FTA DVB-S/S2 receiver built in. Unfortunately mine (the Ireland model) does not have a Freesat EPG built in. I'm relying on Panasonic's own built in EPG.
Today I scanned a frequency that had two new channels, Massive R&B and Clubland. (Clubland TV (514) and Massive R&B (518) changed frequency to 12523 V 27500 2/3). When finished, the OSD listed all the channels on the TX, including the two labled "new" ones but they haven't been add to my "missing" EPG. I figure the TV is seeing all the channels since I can access them by scrolling through them one by one, but it must be some sort of software glitch causing it not to populate the EPG.
Before all this happened I had stored the BBC Olympic HD channels as favourites & these show up when I select the favourites option in the EPG, but as I say when I try to access the full EPG it just draws a blank & DVB-T works fine:mad:

Pana's own EPG needs to get its information from somewhere just as the FS one does!
Sky's comes from a different transponder so it's quite likely that ard126's suggestion is correct.

I remember reading somewhere that all channels carry "now & next" info in their own respective streams & that the seven day EPG comes from some other Tx. As my tv isn't a freesat tv it only ever had " now & next" data in the EPG using the data from the steam to populate the guide. Now the programme data has gone & the compete channel list as well & I can't find it anywhere in the system menu to see where it may be " hidden".
At the moment I'm watching The Open on BBC HD & the onscreen banner is showing the correct info with the flower show on next but the EPG remains empty.
I'm waiting for a response from Panasonic.

Just had another thought, although it's based on my G20 rather than D25 but you never know. Mine has several varieties of 'Favourites' options in the EPG (including the non-Freesat one) and I know that if I select the wrong one (by hitting the blue button the remote) I get different channels offered.

Yeah I've got the All DVB-S Channels list which draws a complete blank, along with all the others Free, Pay etc. I've also got the 3 fave lists, one of which I stored the 24 HD BBC Olympic channels & strangely that list appears on the EPG when selected. Something screwed up here, must be a software glitch or I've pressed the wrong button somewhere & hidden all the DVB-S channels somewhere.
Anyway I paid a visit to the store today to find out where I stood with the 5 year warranty I got with the set 2 years ago. They went along with Panasonic's suggestion i.e. revert the TV to shipping condition. I will lose everything if the set doesn't perform a full set up properly, but i will wait till the olympics are over, do a full reset & bring it back to the store for repair as they suggested if the reset doesn't work properly.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom