Panny Consumer 9th generation is here - Im totaly depressed, help !

koti

...Few days ago I was ready to buy the PWD8. Now after seeing the launch of Panasonic 9th generation Viera TVs I feel Im right at the begining of my 4 week research. Where are the next generation Commercial screens ?! Should I stick to my PWD8 plan or wait or what? Am I missing something here ? Please help !

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
PWD9 if they keep the nomencloture will be spetember but the 9th gen may not be the ninth gen well the PX60 may not be true 9th gen i expect the 65/50PHD9 to be a 1920x1080 res panel otherwise it will be a tweaked (not always a good thing) 8 series

koti

hornydragon said:
PWD9 if they keep the nomencloture will be spetember but the 9th gen may not be the ninth gen well the PX60 may not be true 9th gen i expect the 65/50PHD9 to be a 1920x1080 res panel otherwise it will be a tweaked (not always a good thing) 8 series

Is there a comparison between the PHD8 and the PX600? I mean...how does the 9th generation freaky 10.000 contrast ratio and 29 bilion colors compare to the PHD8? Just to be clear...my mind was made up on the PWD8 which is a panel not on a TV. I preffer the "Commercial" side of the force but it would definately not wise to buy a PWD8 or PHD8 inferior technology if this is the case. Looks like the Panny plasma life cycle is around 6 months ?! This is crazy...

mwallan

im in the same boat as you was going to get a phd8 but now i dont know if i should as the px60 looks good. Just need to see a demo in london some where

madshi

The 65PHD9 will most likely be 1920x1080, but the 50PHD9 is very unlikely to be anything other than 1366x768.

robo989

Banned
Sorry mate - don't mean to be rude but, "start of your 4 week research". You are one lucky SOB if you've managed to do all the research and be satisfied with a choice your going to make that quickly...I've been doing mine for over a year :eek: Before the PV500 came out

The lifecycles aren't 6 months, more like 12, PV500 came out just after this time last year?

Wouldn't complain really since the PW8s are going pretty "cheaply" - relative to how much they were at first.

Resale value, if you really must sell when the 9s come out will be very good.

You did say you were going for a PWD8? not a PHD8? so the impending release shouldn't really bother you as the new screens that are gonna come out this year seem to be all about going hi-def, if you weren't going to anyway...?

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
if you guys fancy not having to worry about all of this there are 2 options buy a PWD8 for the stupidly low price of £1080 NOW enjoy it and replace it with "HD ready" (it is HD compatible) in a few years, or wait and buy the Fujitsu P42XHA58

koti

Im still sticking to the PWD8 plan but its a nightmare for me nevertheless...They dont sell the the PWD8 in Poland, I was plannig to go to Berlin to buy it. I called the Panasonic warranty service in Warsaw and they assured me that the German warranty will be 100% ok here in Poland since were in The EU now. Yesterday I found 4 opinions on polish forums from people that did what Im just about to do. They all got the same response consering their faulty Panasonic plasmas bought in Germany. "Sory, the warranty is not valid since You bought the unit outside of the country" Its a closed circle...Im gonna go watch a movie on my Sony 32" CRT now. I think Im gonna start importing this stuff...

N

nikosz

madshi said:
The 65PHD9 will most likely be 1920x1080, but the 50PHD9 is very unlikely to be anything other than 1366x768.

any idea when the TH65PHD9 will be offered for sale?

also do you know if the TH50PHD8 accepts 1366x768 progressive signal through its HDMI input?

madshi

nikosz said:
any idea when the TH65PHD9 will be offered for sale?
I can only guess: The 65PHD9 is likely to come at the end of this year, I'd say.

nikosz said:
also do you know if the TH50PHD8 accepts 1366x768 progressive signal through its HDMI input?
Do you mean 50PHD8 or 50PHD9? The 50PHD8 does not support native rate in through HDMI, as far as I've heard. It should work with the DVI blade, though.

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
koti said:
Im still sticking to the PWD8 plan but its a nightmare for me nevertheless...They dont sell the the PWD8 in Poland, I was plannig to go to Berlin to buy it. I called the Panasonic warranty service in Warsaw and they assured me that the German warranty will be 100% ok here in Poland since were in The EU now. Yesterday I found 4 opinions on polish forums from people that did what Im just about to do. They all got the same response consering their faulty Panasonic plasmas bought in Germany. "Sory, the warranty is not valid since You bought the unit outside of the country" Its a closed circle...Im gonna go watch a movie on my Sony 32" CRT now. I think Im gonna start importing this stuff...
If it goes faulty you just ship it back to germany (drive or use a courier) this is only an issue it dies what about buying from Cezch, Panny build the veiras in a factory in Cezch republic........

Mr THX

madshi said:
The 50PHD8 does not support native rate in through HDMI, as far as I've heard. It should work with the DVI blade, though.

Hornydragon can you confirm if this is correct ???

koti

hornydragon said:
If it goes faulty you just ship it back to germany (drive or use a courier) this is only an issue it dies what about buying from Cezch, Panny build the veiras in a factory in Cezch republic........

Yes, this is what have to take into consideration. If it goes faulty, I have to take it to Berlin and then drive back to Warsaw. Then after a week or 2 I have to drive back to Berlin to pick it up and back to Warsaw again. Overall this is a 2.100 km trip. A bit surreal. I hope it will never come to this but as they say in my language "Hope is the Mother of Stupidity"

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
Mr THX said:
Hornydragon can you confirm if this is correct ???
Nope and on the DVi blade its probably (infact 99% certain its only at 60Hz)

You dont have to drive the 2000 KM use a courier like UPS, DHL etc

PLASMATU

Standard Member
koti said:
...Few days ago I was ready to buy the PWD8. Now after seeing the launch of Panasonic 9th generation Viera TVs I feel Im right at the begining of my 4 week research. Where are the next generation Commercial screens ?! Should I stick to my PWD8 plan or wait or what? Am I missing something here ? Please help !

I would just w8 prices are falling and max u ll be able to have its a cheaper pw8 if u do w8 couple of weeks.. just w8

madshi

True, DVI to 50PHD8 support native rate, but only at 60Hz. Sorry, forgot to mention that quite important fact!

HoTTdog

Standard Member
koti said:

Koti, I could understand your dilemma if you were going for a PHD8
but there's a £500 difference between the PWD8 and the PX6* as well as the fundamental SD/HD res :confused:

HoTTdog

Standard Member
Cool :cool:

So are you still going for the PWD8? I am :D :rotfl: :D

C

clem

koti said:
Youre right...i havent realised the prices at the time of my post. Thanks.

Hold your horses there Koti - the PWD8 and PV60 in Germany (where you're go'in to buy your PWD8 I believe) are around the same price (cheapest in Germany I found for PWD8 (is 1650 euros, plus boards ...), PV60 online not much more !

Having said that I'm also going to order the PWD8 rather than the PV60 this week (meant to do so at weekend) :)

cheers

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
PV60 or PX60 whats the difference? saw the PX60 today for the fist time and based on that viewing "BUY A PWD 8" a couple stood next to loved it tho i guess it depends how hard you work for your money but i would have paid £100 for that picture never mind £1600+

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
from what i saw briefly today it looked naff but it was conencted to an LG dvd player with scart and probably in default burn your retina mode.....looked like composte feed to me i would want a far more convincing demo before parting with cash!

A

arikhard

hornydragon said:
PV60 or PX60 whats the difference? saw the PX60 today for the fist time and based on that viewing "BUY A PWD 8" a couple stood next to loved it tho i guess it depends how hard you work for your money but i would have paid £100 for that picture never mind £1600+

Only difference is that PX60 has also DVB-T tuner, PV60 has only analog tuner. In Germany you can by PV60 for 1765 eur, PX60 is not yet available.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Google set to launch the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Focal launches Bathys noise-cancelling wireless headphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Formovie Theater UST projector hits the UK
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sonus faber unveils new flagship Arena speaker series