Panny Component Boards

ppp65

Standard Member
Reaction score
Can someone in the know tell me if there is a difference in the component input on the:

Compoent Board TY-42TM6AB
BNC Terminal Board TY-42TM6YB

Is it worth paying the extra for the YB if I'm only going to use the component input or am I missing the point?! The 8 series panels already have the composite/s-video board supplied so I wouldn't need any more of these connections.

Are you aware that the VGA input on the 8 series panels can accept component? Not sure of your requirements but if you don't want to connect up a PC then you could avoid the cost of the component board as the panels come with the VGA input.

If you don't need extra composite or s-VHS connectors, get the component only one.

Bear in mind that if you are planning to use the composite connector that comes with the standard board, it's BNC, not the RCA type which you may be used to.

UKseless1 said:
Are you aware that the VGA input on the 8 series panels can accept component? Not sure of your requirements but if you don't want to connect up a PC then you could avoid the cost of the component board as the panels come with the VGA input.

True enough but depending on how you switch from component to VGA, getting the component board may be cheaper.

I use a component to VGA cable - not aware that they are too expensive (approx. £25 per metre for a reasonable one) and given that you have to buy the cable anyway....

Having said that I switch everything through an amp first with just the one component to VGA cable going to the screen.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom