Panny BD60 or Philips BDP7300 ??

butiajubaea

Novice Member
Hi

Looking for a new player and tempted by both of the above
Has anyone compared the two ? I believe the phillips is quick to load but am more interested in the upscaling of dvd's so wondered if either has the upper hand in this department :)

THE-STIG-08

Novice Member
hi, out of the 2 i would opt for the panny, but if you are willing to spend a little more then i would suggest the PIONEER BDP320 for £329.95 through richer sounds VIP section.:smashin:

butiajubaea

Novice Member
Hi

Can I ask why you would go for the panny over the phillips ?
From the reviews it seems the Phillips is well built , fairly quick to load with a decent picture , I just wondered why the panny would have the edge on it.
I like the look of the Pio, but from what I've read it's a little slow with a few other faults so if I was looking to spend that amount I would add an extra £100- or so for the Oppo

THE-STIG-08

Novice Member
its personal preference, as for the pioneer well... good things come to those who wait!

butiajubaea

Novice Member
Hi

Thanks for the replies

As you say it's a preference thing and not because it's a better product , more to do with brands & in some cases hype. I was amazed to read the thread on the LG blu ray player and to find it's rated as being very good
So there does not seem to be much in with sub £200- machines from all brands making it very confusing indeed :eek:

Roger Thornhill

Novice Member
Best advice............go and watch them perform.

Whatever you think looks/sounds the best, then that's the one for you.

Ian_S

Distinguished Member

THE-STIG-08

Novice Member
nice! lol

Sly

all the philips products i have brought have fell apart 5 minutes after the g'tee is up!!

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom