Panny at HIVIZONE

BISHI

Suspended
The price of Panasonic AE1000 is US$2,680 and the shipping cost to UK by UPS
Express is US$190. Thus, the total amount is US$2,870. We accept payment by
wire transfer or Moneybookers.

At current exchange rates that would make the cost of this 3K PROJECTOR around £1400, now thats clearly a bargain. Has anyone used HIVIZONE, are they reputable,are there warranty issues, how easy is it to arrange payments and how long till the goods arrive. I am soooooooooo tempted but would appreciate any advice.
Cheers chaps.

BISHI

Suspended
How much import tax would be due ( this buying from abroad is totally new to me !)

Mad Monk

I think I read in the 'importing tw1000' thread that LCD projectors have a taric code which means that zero customs is paid. You just pay the VAT

K

Kramer

Guys, no discussion of how to evade import taxes/duties, please.

norealplan

I know FG Evans picked his up from Hivi Zone, but has anyone actually ordered one yet from the Uk and received it? If so, how long did it take to arrive? How much did it come to in total after postage and customs?

Also where would be the cheapest place to get a ceiling mount for this be in the UK? I've seen some on ebay. Would i have to get a specific one, or could I just get a generic mount. My last question is, I'm in rented accomodation, will having it ceiling mounted cause me massive problems when I come to move out, and need to sort the mess it's made? Or is it relatively simple to cover up a mount has been there?

Cheers

Craig

Mad Monk

I know FG Evans picked his up from Hivi Zone, but has anyone actually ordered one yet from the Uk and received it? If so, how long did it take to arrive? How much did it come to in total after postage and customs?

Also where would be the cheapest place to get a ceiling mount for this be in the UK? I've seen some on ebay. Would i have to get a specific one, or could I just get a generic mount. My last question is, I'm in rented accomodation, will having it ceiling mounted cause me massive problems when I come to move out, and need to sort the mess it's made? Or is it relatively simple to cover up a mount has been there?

Cheers

Craig

I'll be ordering one in the next few days. I was due to visit HK but its been delayed for a month and I just cant wait. I'll keep everyone posted about how it all goes. It may be the AE1000, HC5000 or even the AX100. I just cant make up my mind.

So far as the hole in the ceiling goes, a bit of poyfilla and a lick of paint should have it sorted. As long as you haven't got wallpaper on a ceiling you're good to go. If the landlord likes to pop over he may not be to happy about it though :eek:

Sunshinewelly

Distinguished Member
why are you considering the mits.

the majority of reviews i have read all favour the panasonic over the mits.

Mad Monk

The panny is the front runner. The mits has been thrown into the hat as it is supposed to have a very sharp image, something which would be great for gaming. The majority of use the projector will get will be 360 then dvds and then HD content. Since HD content is third down the line I also threw in the AX100 which is very bright I hear.

I have to be honest and say that a blackened room is not a realistic possiblity as I have discussed blackout blinds/curtains, dark walls the lot and the mrs has told me to leave the decorating to her. The only input I'll be having into our living room is AV stuff and money ofcourse lol.

My only concern is that the AE1000 might not be bright enough for a 120"ish screen. I really want a 120"+ screen if possible. I've done the math at projectorcentral and apparently sitting 12' away from the screen is ok but one or two of the more experienced guys on here have advised on a smaller screen. Thats why the AX100 has come into play as its immensely bright and could project a larger image (maybe this is wrong but who knows, my head spins with all the projector talk lol)

Anyway after MOTd and a few beers I'm going to do my last reading and order something tomorrow. The end is nigh

howieeb

I'm on the verge of ordering a TW1000 from HK - either from hivizone or a guy on the avs forums (superlfy77) who's set up his own company.

It's hard to ignore these prices when compared to those in the uk.

BISHI

Suspended
I've exchanged a number of Emails with Mr Chang at Hivizone, he seems a very accommodating and decent bloke, I am very tempted but would still like a little reassurance about buying it online from half way round the world, 2k is a lot of money to gamble with.................. but I'm not paying 3.5K !!!!
Has anyone or does anyone know of somebody who actually has ordered and recieved a pj from HongKong.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom