1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny ae500, dvi, radeon 9600pro

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sean.pittaway, Nov 12, 2004.

1. sean.pittaway

sean.pittaway
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just a qucik question (might be better in the pc forum?)...

I got a 10m dvi-d cable from keene (1st one was faulty, but this one works a treat) the enabled 1280x720 using powerstrip and the pictue is great, very sharp and no sparkels (which i was worried about, 10m is long and the price is very good:)

BUT, the projector only seems to show stuff at 1280x720 is this normal? i hope not so any hints on how to display other modes? is it refresh rate (all on default)?

Also anuone no how to get it to output to the monitor (via vga cable) and the projector (dvi) at the same time? at the moment dvi simple disables my monitor.

Cheers for any help, Sean.

2. sean.pittaway

sean.pittaway
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    good god, my speeling was really bad there :)

3. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    The native resolution of the Panny is 1280x720 so it must scale any other input resolution either up or down to match this resolution. You cannot output 1080i as 1080 lines of resolution, it scales it down to 720 lines. But saying that, 720 lines progressive scan looks nearly as good, and in some cases better than 1080i (interlaced)
    The resolution you have is great and fits perfectly in the middle of PAL's resolution ( 576 lines) and High Def ( 1080i)

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Sean,

There's lots of stuff about runing dual monitors (the pj will be one monitor, your regular monitor the other) - do a search on the hcpc forum for more info.

The projector is 1280x720 so no matter what signal you send it, this is what it will display. if the computer's resolution is set to 1280x720, then you've got a 1:1 pixel match, the projector's doing no scaling or deinterlacing. you can set the resolution on the PC to other settings, but there isn't any point really.

Sean G.

5. chrisgriffiths

chrisgriffiths

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ave a 9600 non pro and a 9800 and to get a 'clone' mode for my LCD and projector i just do the following:

Turn on both displays, first - then turn on your PC , when booted - Right click on your desktop and go to properties, go to settings. Your should have a picture with two monitors displayed. Set the monitors to your desired resolution. Job Done. Thats all i have to do with my ATI cards

6. sean.pittaway

sean.pittaway
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yep, thats how i usd to run with it outputing to the monitor and the projector (using svideo) but it seems broken when dvi is used...

I will (clean) reinstall its drivers and give it another go.

On the resolution front, scalling was fine, but not what i ment - What i was trying to say was that when the resolution is set to 1280x i get a picture on the projector, but when i select anyother res (on the pc), all i get is a blue screen flashing DVI :)

eg, sat at the desktop (1280x720) run doom3, res changes to 800x600 (default res so i guess 60hz) and the projector go to the blue "no dvi signal"?

7. martian1

martian1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Sean its your typing...not spelling m8t butt thenn whate do eye now. :rotfl: