1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny AE200 stupid questions

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by HurleyFX, Aug 5, 2003.

1. HurleyFX

HurleyFX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi,
    Sorry for the following i am aware that the answers are more than likely somewhere on the forums but being as i am a complete projector noob i need help. I
    have orderd my first projector a Panasonic AE200,(reading through the forum hooked me totally) it has suddenly dawned on me i have no idea how to connect it up to my dvd player for the best quality picture,( projector may also be used for sky tv later). So please can you help as otherwise itll take me days to get sorted.
    I want primarily the best picture possible from my Sony 536 dvd player and at a later date my digibox.
    ( composite,svhs,is all baffling for me at the moment)
    If anyone has links to online stores/products i would be very grateful, and again i apologise for my noobness.

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Suggest you start your search here .

Plenty in there to get you started.

3. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Usurper,

Welcome to the forums - folow Kramer's pointer to the FAQ, that'll be a good start.

"Noobiness" is no sin here, you're welcome to any assistance you can get from the members. Connecting up dvd players, Sky boxes PS2s etc. to projectors is a recurring question, and one of the members has undertaken to write a piece for the FAQ, hopefully it'll be in place in the coming weeks.

To get you started, you could just connect your dvd player to your projector using Svideo - have a look at the meanual for the dvd player - it'll identify which socket on the back of the dvd player - it's a single round socket, with one small square hole and four smaller holes (pin size). Maplins should sort you out with a lead that would do to begin with.

BTW, it took me several tries to read your post (!!) - try using individual sentances - makes it easier for old fogies like me to read !!! :D

All the best.

Sean G.

4. HurleyFX

HurleyFX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Thanks guys,
    sorry about the scrambled msg, its just with the pj coming today i started to panic :(.i suppose its natural to want to be able to use it straight away.
    Im off to work shortly so ill have to try and find somewhere in town that suppplies the cable :(
    thanks again for the tips.

5. HurleyFX

HurleyFX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    I got my projector 3hrs ago :D.
    i couldnt find a decent cable today in town so i have just spent the past 2hrs watching daredevil through a scart to scart lead, (mainly with my jaw touching my knee).
    The free 72 inch screen i got with the projector seems to handle the image quite well, but id imagine a good quality screen from OWL or GRANDVIEW would improve it again.
    which brings me to my this, would a component lead make a great improvement ? would i also need a good quality adapter to plug the component into the scart socket at the back of my dvd? as it doesnt have seperate connections on the SONY S536D.
    thx
    PS, ill post pictures tomorrow when i get home.