Panny AE100, RGB to component only option?

bonzobanana

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As far as I can tell the AE100 won't take a scart rgb to vga conversion lead as it won't sync down to a horizontal sync of 15khz but in fact requires the minimum vga spec fo 30khz. Therefore the best source of input for normal tv type resolutions is component and therefore as this is the uk I need a scart rgb to component converter so I can run my gc, ps2, dvd player etc through the panny. Looking around I have three options. Lektropacks do one for about £75 plus postage. This is a simple in/out converter with psu. Keane electronics do one for about £90 plus postage but this is bi-directional in that you could go the other way with it too. Lastly a firm called jts electronics or something similar do one for about £145. Does anyone use or have any opinion on these various converters? I'm hoping the cheapest will do me but if the quality is rubbish I'd rather pay £90 for the other one. I really don't want to pay £145 thats for sure but just wondered how this compared?

Hi

The JS unit is by a long stretch the better unit of the three.

It has a proper sync seperator which stops Macrovision from buggering around with things.

It also has a proper built in power supply instead of a nasty wall adaptor.

I have always thought it unfortunate - though - that the JS unit does not have a passthrough SCART like their S-Video converter...

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom