1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny AE100 Help

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by chrisw, May 4, 2005.

1. chrisw

chrisw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    I've only just bought a second hand Panny AE100 and connected it to my PC as I will be using it (hopefully) for work as well as movies etc.

The problem is that the text definition from the PC on apps such as Excel, or even Outlook where there is a lot of text is not great and it is hard to read. I've set the projector back to all of its default settings but can't seem to make the text any clearer.

Is this just the way the PJ is or am I doing something wrong?

Any help appreciated.

Chris

2. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try lowering resolution of PC and Zero keystone on AE100

3. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know that on the Panasonic AE700 the best i could get from it was 1280x1024 resolution at 60hz and there was its failing for me, 60hz hurt my eyes when viewing a projection screen, whenever i tried to set the hertz higher i got no picture but the image from the PC was sharp enough to read.

Lowering the resolution of a PC makes the pixels big and ugly, higher you go the more detailed they become.

4. chrisw

chrisw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    I've just spent about 30mins messing round with all of the settings (both PC & PJ) and just can't seem to make the image any better.

Any other AE100 owners out there have the same problem?

I'm quite dissapointed - the quality of tv / movies / PS2 is excellent through it, but don't understand why there's a problem. Have tried it on a laptop and desktop so it is not the machine that's the problem.

5. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Try a resolution of 856x480, or 848x480 fdor best results with an AE100 - if you do a search here for Powerstrip and AE100 you'll find loads of instructions - You could start with this one Click Here

S.

6. chrisw

chrisw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    Cheers for that.

Installed it and it seems to work fine. The only problem I've got now is convincing the few other people who will be using my projector to let me install this s/w and mess about with their settings!

I also did a simple calculation and found out the equivalent 1024 resolution is 1024 * 574 and that looked pretty good too.