Panny AE 300 DVI-D to HDMI-help please?

Duke

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ll try this just once more (keeps crashing on me)…

Right, the missus got me a new BD spinner this Christmas and I am trying to feed it through my new amp (had to buy because new BD player and old amp don’t process new HD codecs) to my old PJ - until such time as I can afford to upgrade that as well.

I’ve left the existing S-Video connection between my DVD player/recorder and PJ as I run my sky box through it and spin my DVD’s/CD’s through it (sound to the amp via optical)

Now, there is a DVI-D connection at the back of the Panny PTAE 300 and I have connected from the HDMI out on the amp to this…and got nothing. Tried a few fiddles but no joy.

Can’t find my manual for the Panasonic so need to know what I should be setting the input to.

Actually is there something on the BD player I should be setting? Something on the amp perhaps?

*BD player (Sony BDPS 360) connected to amp (Onkyo TXSR 577) via HDMI
*Amp connected to projector (PTAE 300) via HDMI to DVI-D conversion cable.

To be fair I’ve only got the one Blu-Ray disc so far (she bought me that as well) but there will be many between now and the new projector and I want to see them BIG (my 32” LCD just can’t match the HD sound track)

Any ideas would be helpful…

Thanks all…in advance

Hey All,

Just had a thought - would it be easier if I were to ditch the whole DVI-D idea (as mentioned above)and just run component between BD player and PJ 'til I get the new PJ? Would the quality be comparable - at least as good as S-video? (I know it's only standard def so probably doesn't matter) Would I have issues with audio/video synch?

Again thanks for any input...

Last edited:
Is the DVI-D port on your projector HDCP compliant?

I am pretty sure it isnt.......which is bad news as you wont get any HDMI device working with your projector. Sorry :thumbsdow

Is the DVI-D port on your projector HDCP compliant?

I am pretty sure it isnt.......which is bad news as you wont get any HDMI device working with your projector. Sorry :thumbsdow

Cheers Rich,

That's probably the case - can't tell off hand, like I said misplaced the OI's for the Panny:(

Have ordered components anyway and hope they arrive before Friday. As stated before - as long as the video quality is on a par with my DVD over S-Video I'm not too fussed (standard def PJ and it's not a permanent fix)

Any ideas about quality difference? (DVD over S-Video vs Blu-Ray over component - to a standard def PJ)

I would say that Blu-ray over Component will give you a better picture v's DVD over S-Video....even on the same projector. :smashin:

Richribbon is right, I had an ae300 until recently and the dvi port is not hdcp compliant. You can only feed it bluray through component - still looked good though.

Paul

Cheers, glad to hear it will look OK with the composite leads. Honestly I still get a thrill from the Panny when I fire it up at the weekend - so I can't wait 'til I get the 1080p.

By the way Paul (if you don't mind me asking), did you manage to get much for your old AE300? I've got just under 1000hrs on mine and it's been ceiling mounted (and kept covered) its whole life so is in perfect shape - which is a good thing as I can't afford a new one yet.

Thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom