1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny AE-100 & Cables

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Moto, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Moto

Moto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right thought i would just check whether i am ordering the correct cables for the panny or any other projector.

The following cables are

15pin RGBHV Computer --> Panny 15pin Component in
    (heard the RGB component isn't very good compared to the 15pin on the panny)
    This will be used for HTPC inputting possibly the majority of boxes below (dvd / video / sky / sat / itv dig) when i've sorted out the input card and dScaler etc etc.

AMP --> Panny SVHS = SVHS --> SVHS
    The majority of my devices are SVHS compatable e.g. humax sat box, video. This would get me up and running immediately.

AMP --> Panny composite = Composite --> Composite
    Initially used for SKY unless my video allows an Scart RGB input in which case it would then go down the SVHS to the projector.
    Failing that it is always there as a backup (for the cost of the cable why not)

Is this lot alright??
    Any thoughts anyone??

Andy

2. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,017
    looks good to me.

A bit annoying that digiboxes don't have S-Video out. I might have to get an RGB-component/S-video converter for my digibox - I don't think I could handle composite for too long.