1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny 700 brightness/contrast flickering problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by pmc, Jul 4, 2005.

1. pmc

pmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Got about 400 hours on my Panny 700 and a strange new problem seems to have developed. It has started changing the brightness and/or contrast very quickly on certain scenes. I am not even sure if it's the brightness or contrast. What happens is you go from a dark or normal scene to a bright one and it very suddenly, but noticibly, changes the appearance of bright parts of the screen. Happens in a fraction of a second. I am not even sure if really changes it or it's just a flicker. You can then rewind back and watch the same scene and it won't happen agian. Always happens on the same kind of scenes but doesn't happen every time.

It pretty annoying. I watched The Avaitor yesterday and it must have happened 20-30 times, all that sky seemed to really be a problem.

Has anyone else seen this? Any idea what it is?

The obvious thing is that something is wrong with the dynamic iris. It's responding too slowly and becoming noticable. I'll watch something with it switched off to see.

BTW it's not the HDMI white flash problem as I am using Scart.

2. pez

pez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    With the AI modes off in normal lamp mode i was getting it too, small variations in the brightness of the image.

Panasonic took my projector back but never acknowledged the problem.

pez