Panny 630 question

castle

Standard Member
Reaction score
From searching this forum and the direct response I received to my Tosh question, I've decided to buy the Panny 630, but before I do, I have one question which isn't aswered by visiting the Panny website.

Namely, does it have left and right audio out terminals on the back for connection to my amp?

If so, I'll be buying it from either Electrical Discount UK or RGB, which both list it as £116 delivered. Any preference between those two etailers?

Or do you know where it's cheaper?!

Many thanks

Mark

Originally posted by castle
I've decided to buy the Panny 630,

Do you mean the NV-FJ630B-S? If you do then you might be greatly dissapointed. I've just bought one from Empire direct and compaired to my old Panny machine the picture quality is pants.

It's going back tomorrow.

Oh...

that's not what I wanted to hear, as I ordered one yesterday.

:(

I think I'll have it delivered though as it seems that Tosh and Sony are all OEM's and nobody makes a decent VCR these days for under £200.

Any comments Gringottsdirect?

Did the previous poster get a dud example of a basically decent model?

Originally posted by castle
Namely, does it have left and right audio out terminals on the back for connection to my amp?

Yes, it definitely has.

Paul G may have had a defective machine, although truthfully all new machines suffer when compared to previous incarnations.
Panasonic NV-FJ630BS is a decent machine, it shouldn't disappoint you...

Thanks for the reasurance, I should be receiving it tomorrow and will assess it then.

Two weeks ago I had no idea how difficult it would be to find a decent VHS.

At least I shouldn't need to do it again as next time I need recordable media the DVD(+)R/RW format war should have resolved itself.

Cheers

Mark

Let us know if you like it. I hope you do.
The main reason mine is being returned (suppose to have been collected yesterday but wasn't) is because it has a fault - horizontall white streaks across picture. If it was an old machine I would use a head cleaner but not on this brand new machine. Auto head cleaner not working perhaps? Tapes play fine on older machine of mine by the way.

Good luck.

:)

It was delivered today and after a brief test (simply recording and playing back), it seems fine.

Picture quality is Good, but to be honest I'm so used to DVD these days that it doesn't really bare comparison.

It's so long since I bought a Video (Previous VHS was a Nicam Tosh, at least six years old now) that I can't believe how quickly they set themselves up and even set the clock themselves!

Thanks for all the help I received from this Forum, I now have a decent budget Nicam VHS which I am happy with (and you can't say fairer than that!).

Cheers

Mark

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom