1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny 6 series domestic model......just seen it and WOW!!!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Matravers, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Matravers

Matravers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just spent all afternoon watching star wars 2 on the panny 6 series (silver model) and must say i think it is just about the best picture i have seen........and that was with RGB scart connected.

For information the showroom is a mate of mines in North London and he currently has 3 in stock and 1 on demonstration, and they are being sold for £3,200 incl VAT.

I don't know how much detail to go into as i am sure alot of owners will report on the screen soon, but in brief i could see no flicker on the screen at all.
    The blacks were outstanding, but in shadowy/ dark scenes clarity was still very good.
    Detail was superb and i found the colours to be almost 3D.

I am desperate now to see the 42pa20 with the integrated tuner so i can decide which to buy and spend the rest of my days watching films in a state of bliss...lol.

any info on the 42pa20 and where it may be available would be nice, this shop tells me it won't be around for about 3-4 weeks.

Anybody want any further thoughts just ask.

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,470
    Hello Daniel

Now go back and ask your mate to hook up your RGB source via a JS Technology RGB2VGA converter into the VGA port and you will see how much better the display is if you dont use the SCART input terminal; which is not the best - and maybe a hint at what to expect on the PA20.

Best regards

Joe