Quantcast

Panny 6 Series confusion

steve 111

Standard Member
Can someone explain the difference between all the different model numbers on the Panny 6 series. I know that the PA20s have an in built tuner but what about things like PWD vs PHD etc.

cwick

Novice Member
Search is your friend ..... ;)

Originally posted by Joe Fernand
Hello all

Panasonic UK like to keep these forums busy with posts trying to decipher there product codes :)

First off were dealing with two beasts - Panasonic Consumer UK and Panasonic Business Systems UK.

Both sell plasma products very closely linked in terms of tech specs but with a few minor and a few key differences.

Panasonic Consumer UK sell Two ranges of Plasma products:
PlasmaTV - with integrated tuner and video inputs
Plasma Display - with input card slots and the option of an external Tuner unit (the Tuner is best avoided)

Panasonic Consumer UK sell TWO Plasma Display products:

TH-50PHW6 (Silver) which is a 50" 1366x768 Higher Definition Display that works with some HD signals without the need to down scale.

TH-42PW6B (Silver) which is a 42" 852x480 Standard Definition Display that can down scale certain Higher Definition signals (so is sold as HD ready).

Panasonic Business Systems UK only sell Plasma Displays and the current line up includes Three models:

TH-50PHD6BX (Charcoal) which is a 50" 1366x768 Higher Definition Display that works with some HD signals without the need to down scale.

TH-42PHD6BX (Charcoal) which is a 42" 1024x768 Higher Definition Display that works with some HD signals without the need to down scale.

TH-42PWD6BX (Charcoal) which is a 42" 852x480 Standard Definition Display that can down scale certain Higher Definition signals (so is sold as HD ready).

All of the above are currently available with an optional DVI input card that will work with many DVI and HDMI sources; providing the source can output at one or all of the FOUR video resolutions (and or SIX Data Resolutions) the card is set to accept.

Trust this helps - I have PDF brochures covering the Business System models and input cards if anyone wants a copy.

Best regards

Joe

steve 111

Standard Member
Many thanks.

D

Dan Smiffy

Hello,

Sorry to add my confusion to an old thread (I've searched, honestly!) is there any difference between Panasonic TH-50PHW6 plasmas and TH-50PHW6B plasmas?? Originally I assumed the B stood for "black" but if that's the case then there are an awful lot of black plasmas for sale on websites illustrated with silver pictures. (I now think that "TH-50PHD6" refers to the black version?) I note Panasonic's own UK website labels its 50" silver plasma as "TH50PHW6B".

e.g. AJElectronics, selling a "TH50PHW6" here: http://www.ajelectronics.co.uk/ViewProdDetails.asp?prod_code=12

(Which appears a bargain to me?)

Vs Hiway HiFi, selling a "TH50PHW6B" here: http://www.hiwayhifi.com/site/product.asp?section=&2&Cat=37&Sub=144&Prod=21302

(Does the "B" really cost 400quid extra to print on the box / chasis?!)

I assume these are really the same thing, but since assumptions can be dangerous I'd appreciate it if someone patient and knowledgeable could tell me I'm being daft, and that HiWay et al forgot their B and that I should hurry up and get my Barclaycard out.

Cheers,

Dan

Top Bottom