1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny 6 Series confusion

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by steve 111, May 13, 2004.

1. steve 111

steve 111
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can someone explain the difference between all the different model numbers on the Panny 6 series. I know that the PA20s have an in built tuner but what about things like PWD vs PHD etc.

2. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Search is your friend ..... ;)

3. steve 111

steve 111
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Many thanks.

4. Dan Smiffy

Dan Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

Sorry to add my confusion to an old thread (I've searched, honestly!) is there any difference between Panasonic TH-50PHW6 plasmas and TH-50PHW6B plasmas?? Originally I assumed the B stood for "black" but if that's the case then there are an awful lot of black plasmas for sale on websites illustrated with silver pictures. (I now think that "TH-50PHD6" refers to the black version?) I note Panasonic's own UK website labels its 50" silver plasma as "TH50PHW6B".

e.g. AJElectronics, selling a "TH50PHW6" here: http://www.ajelectronics.co.uk/ViewProdDetails.asp?prod_code=12

(Which appears a bargain to me?)

Vs Hiway HiFi, selling a "TH50PHW6B" here: http://www.hiwayhifi.com/site/product.asp?section=&2&Cat=37&Sub=144&Prod=21302

(Does the "B" really cost 400quid extra to print on the box / chasis?!)

I assume these are really the same thing, but since assumptions can be dangerous I'd appreciate it if someone patient and knowledgeable could tell me I'm being daft, and that HiWay et al forgot their B and that I should hurry up and get my Barclaycard out.

Cheers,

Dan