1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny 6 questions

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Panny6, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Panny6

Panny6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently got a Panasonic 46PWD6 plasma, which on the whole I am very pleased with, but I do have the following questions/concerns.

1. The image close up on all sources is very poor, with dark areas made up of 'noisy' grey dots within pixels. As I move away from the screen, the image sharpens and looks great from 10 feet plus.

Is this a problem with all of these screens or do I have a faulty one?

2. In the extreme top left of the screen, there appears to be a distorted image of moving white dots. This happens even when no input is selected. Again, it is not visible from my viewing distance, only when very close to the screen, so is not a real problem, but I am just concerned that it is a problem with the screen.

This is not after-image or burn-in as it takes on no particular shape.

Am I just being too fussy, or are these signs of problems with my screen?

2. _Sin

_Sin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    1) thats pretty much standard for any current plasma. Feed it the best quality signal you can and don't sit inches away from the screen.

2) Er... that doesn't sound right. I'd get that checked out if I were you.

3. Panny6

Panny6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice.

I have just been to a local store, and have see the same effect on plasmas from Hitachi, Pioneer and JVC.

I think that the Panny 6 has the problem a lot worse than any of these, but I prefer the overall PQ, so I guess it is a trade off.