1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny 6 input selection problem ...

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by cwick, Mar 15, 2004.

1. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Hi,

Did a quick search, but couldn't find anything. I hoping that some kind panny 6 owner can help me confirm if the following is a problem or a feature :rolleyes:

If I put the panel into standby when the VGA input is live (VGA signal, not component - haven't tried that combo w.r.t. this problem), when the panel returns from standby only the VGA input is available (i.e. all other inputs are no longer there - can't toggle to them using the input control on the panel or the remote).

Only way to fix it (i.e. get other inputs back) is to switch off panel, disconnect the VGA feed, and switch on again.

It's odd, and I've not noticed this before, but I'm pretty sure that by some freak of luck I've never put it into standby with a live VGA signal before, so that would explain it. But I would like to know if it's just mine.

Cheers, Carl.

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Not one I've come across. Maybe try removing and replacing the input cards.

3. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I will do, if I can be arsed (it's a major hassle). Seems unlikely though, since those inputs are always available (from standby or power-up), provided there isn't a VGA signal coming in. But it's amazing the prolems re-seating cards can fix when all else fails.

Cheers, Carl.

4. franc

franc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi. If you have ever been into the hidden menu and had a look around, there are some options to enable/disable inputs or settings on power up etc. Might be worth a shot.
    If you haven't been into the menu, there should be no reason that these would be changed from default.

Be careful in there too!

good luck

5. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Thanks, I've never been in the hidden menu, but I see in this screenshot there are some interesting looking options. I'll go take a look.

Cheers, Carl.