1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny 6 ghost/ringing problem?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by apgr, Jan 25, 2004.

1. apgr

apgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having sorted my mains interference problem :) , I still have a problem with what looks like ringing or multiple ghosts :confused: ...

When I have bright vertical objects aganist a dark background I ses a series of feint ghosts off to the right - each of the ghosts is the same brightness (v feint, but visible on dark backgrounds). The ghosts repeat roughtly every three inches and are only on the right hand side.

It was particularly obvious at the end of the Fifth Element where Ruby Rod is holding some kind of light sabre like strip light and waving it arround.

I have seen this problem via the SCART and Component inputs and from Sky+ and DVD. I have tried turning down the white level (contrast) with no joy - in fact none of the picture adjustments affect it (including input level in the advanced menu).

Any ideas?

Ade

2. gingerone

gingerone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    May be an obvious one but is the sharpness too high?
    I have a pa20 which is essentially the same screen but I don't get this at all.

3. apgr

apgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried all the adjustments, including sharpness. No joy.

The ghosts are so far apart that I don't think it can be a sharpness issue.

Are you 100% sure you don't have it. It took a while for me to notice it. But now I know when to look it is pretty obvious although very subtle.

Ade

4. gingerone

gingerone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    definately not got it.