Panny 6/ARCAM DVD prog scan problem

terence8888

Established Member
Reaction score
I just hooked up my ARCAM DV88+ with my Panny 6 on prog scan (have been waiting for the comp cable to turn up).

The picture is great but there are little horizontal lines (about 1.5 in long spaced about 1.5 in horizontally and vertically) floating across the screen. They disappear if I switch off the prog scan.

Would greatly appreciate if someone can illuminate what's going on here. I'm using MATRIX region 2 disc.

Thanks!

------
-----
------

like these i have noticed these on the arcam screen but not noticed when i film is on.

this is best my camera good get shot

this is progressive

Attachments

• prog.jpg
    prog.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 366
I had a "crawling dot" problem with my first DV88+ when in prog scan mode and I believe it is the same as you are describing. It also suffered from excessive "fringing" around high-contrast edges. I was driving a projector using the component outputs, but I assume the same issues would arise with your plasma.

Firmware upgrades did not cure the problem. In the end the whole player was replaced and I now have a perfect picture.

cheers mate just spoke to arcam , its a known problem with prog scan , something to do with shielding the power supply. got to send it back ,

be with out it for 10 days:( :( :(

Thanks jamack and hazard for the info.... it is exactly like
- - - -
- - - -

as jmack described. Will call ARCAM tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

Thanks!

update mine is fixed now. arcam had to change some board in it.

i have asked for a description of works to see excalty what was done.

but i`m a happy chappy

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom