1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny 6 and avsales.com

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by teef2, Nov 7, 2003.

1. teef2

teef2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have had my Panasonic TH-42PW6B for a couple of weeks now and it is delightful. Although a bigger screen than my old Tosh 36P18P it seems that the living room is bigger now I no longer have a massive CRT TV in there.

I ordered from http://www.av-sales.com was very impressed with both the level of knowledge and the level of service. Thanks to Liam for putting up with my "stupid" questions and for getting me a beter deal on the guarantee than elsewhere. Also managed to get me the nice Panasonic stand and a combined component/composite/svideo board for the same cost as a component board.

It's not often that I would say something about service but in comparison to other electrical goods I have bought via the net this was an absolute pleasure. For example, I recieved the stand and the scart board in one delivery and phoned up to ask if the other board (combined component/composite and s-video) was meant to be in the package. I was assured that these would be delivered wih the plasma. 20 minutes later I recieved a call from a nice lady at av-sales who has taken it upon herself to check why the two items were not delivered together. Citylink had failed to pick up the plasma and could not deliver it until the next day. By calling me early in the day it meant that I was not hanging about and wasting my time. Plasma came next day and both sets of deliveries were before 10am.

Very, very impressed with all of this and I would have no hesitation of dealing with them again.

2. teef2

teef2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thought I'd just post a pic too

Attached Files:

3. deman77

deman77
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I found avsales to be great as well, and they are not trying to cjarge you extra for it. At the time I was getting my screen it was the best deal around by 15%.

4. PaulSeales

PaulSeales

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I too have recently purchased a panasonic plasma from av-sales.

Liam has been excellent with advice and help and most of all patient with me and my novice questions about setup, configuration etc.

I have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone. It's not often you get after sales service like this.

5. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    Just echoing the comments made in this thread - www.av-sales.com are an excellent company. Made a few orders with them and always found they offer a fast, reliable and efficient service. I have no doubt I will use them again!

6. DucatiEVO

DucatiEVO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 'Composite and SVHS (shared)' card doesn't offer Component input, you need the other board for that. Looking on their site did you get it cheaper than the advertised price? - wondering if it's worth haggling on the phone. ;)

7. Mr THX

Mr THX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Alternatively go for a cable like the one from 'Supra', Go from Component straight into the PC input on your Plasma, I connected my DVD player this way and the picture is superb. Looking at the price, £53.99 it’s probably half that of the Component input board which Panasonic are offering.
    Go to this link Supra VGA component to VGA cable then under Search Phrase type - VGA, comes up with the Component > VGA information and price (allbeit no picture!!!!!sorry) still a nice cable.

8. DucatiEVO

DucatiEVO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice one THX :D, that cable saves buying an additional input board, definitely get one for myself when I get a Panny 6. Think component board is about £90. Still beats wasting a connection if it can be used.

9. teef2

teef2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The board I recieved takes up two of the slots which means that, with the scart board, I have now filled all three. Has composite, component and s-video and is, I suppose, equivalent to having two seperate boards.

Finally found a reference to the board in the following pdf file http://www.panasonic.ch/d/PVS/_Software/Plasma_Displays_6er_Serie.pdf

Board is described as Composite/Component Video Terminal Board TY-42TM6Y

Didn't haggle as the deal for the "extras" was good.

10. DucatiEVO

DucatiEVO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Checked that out, looks like a handy board to have and as you say the same as having two of the other boards together. Odd thats it's not mentioned on any of the sites I've been to.