1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny 5B - Daft Questions

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by pwarren, Feb 27, 2003.

1. pwarren

pwarren

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Panasonic TH-42PW5B Plasma display. Just daft questions and not sure why its really important to me. But here they are anyway....

Does the running hours clock in the service menu count the time that the display is in standby, ie. red power indicator? It seems if I ever want to sell the display people are obviously interested in how many hours on the clock.

Secondly, to set the white bar screensaver to come on in the middle of the night, say, if the display is in standby will it switch itself on, do the task and switch itself off, or do I need to set the display on / off timer to take account of this?

Thirdly, i'm watching dvd via component, I get the 'just' mode in the aspect...what does this actually do, does it mean i can alter the top/bottom bars on the picture, if so how?

Cheers

2. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Ok, I can help with a couple here.

1. I believe that the timer is only for when the screen is on view a picture, standby doesn't count.

2. Just mode is where a 4:3 picture has it's sides pulled so that the how display area is filled. Looks ok on static images, but weird on pans!

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

3. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Yes, you need to set the on/off timer to conincide with the screen saver.

Rob.