1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny 500 & 50Hz

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by NoDad, Feb 2, 2004.

1. NoDad

NoDad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Anyone useing Panny PTAE500 with 9600 graphics? Does it work OK and what settings are used on the PC?

There seems to be a lot of concern about this PJ working with PAL source at 50 Hz from a HCPC. Is this a real issue?

I've conducted a search but can't find any info. Any advice from users of this PJ with their HCPC would be appreciated.

2. MikeTV

MikeTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +844
    I haven't tried it myself, but from looking at the specs at this place it seems to support PAL/50hz. However, you may get better results configuring the PC to output at the native resolution (whatever that is - or 1080i?), thereby using the HCPC as a scaler. Either way, it should work - have you heard differently?

(I use 1080i @ 60hz, with pal/50hz sources, and it looks fine to me, on an RPTV via an HCPC.)

3. MikeTV

MikeTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +844
    ps. 1280×720p looks like the native resolution. This is much higher than 720x576i, and so it should be plenty good enough for PAL sources. (I'd have thought)

4. NoDad

NoDad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Thanks Mike,
    Yes I intend using the PC as a scaler so that I output at 1:1 pixel mapped, bur I've heard that outputting at 60Hz can cause micro stutter because the PAL system oviously uses 50Hz. This results in stutters which are mainly noticable on panning shots.

I "think" the ATI 9600 can output 50 Hz @ 1280x720 from the DVI output using powerstrip but I'm not sure and if it can does the Panny 500 accept it and work correctly at this setting?

I'll have a look around the other forums as well.