Panny 50 PHD7UY,PHD8UK,PX50U ????

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by bobkeenan, Oct 27, 2005.

1. bobkeenan

bobkeenan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK.... Tomorrow I order the 50" plasma tv online.

I had a a good home theater sound system. I am getting a dish network HDTV DVR (its does not have HDMI but does have RGB component). The DVD player has HDMI. So I don't think I need speakers or any HD stuff on the plasma.... right?

After reading the forums and reviews I have it down to the Panasonic TH50PHD7UY (discontinued but still in stock), TH50PHD8UK (replaces the previous unit), and the TH50 PX50U (the commercial version). The prices are all within a few hundred dollars with the 7UY the cheaper and then the 8UK and finally the PX50U.

From reading the specs I don't see a big difference??? The 8UK shows more billions of colors than the billions in the 7UY but will I be able to tell the difference.

So any help out there???

I am leaning toward getting the best deal on the discontinued 7UY. Any thoughts on that??

Thanks,

Bob Keenan

2. vileda

vileda
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Someone correct me but the U in the UY means its an american import, and you really don't want to be messing around with them do you?

3. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Looking at Bob's profile, I'd guess that is what he wants as he is from the USA ;)

4. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    the phd7 will do you just fine i would think, the only problems are no digital HD at 50Hz, which is very much a european thing!