1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny 50 PHD7UY,PHD8UK,PX50U ????

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bobkeenan, Oct 27, 2005.

1. bobkeenan

bobkeenan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK.... Tomorrow I order the 50" plasma tv online.

I had a a good home theater sound system. I am getting a dish network HDTV DVR (its does not have HDMI but does have RGB component). The DVD player has HDMI. So I don't think I need speakers or any HD stuff on the plasma.... right?

After reading the forums and reviews I have it down to the Panasonic TH50PHD7UY (discontinued but still in stock), TH50PHD8UK (replaces the previous unit), and the TH50 PX50U (the commercial version). The prices are all within a few hundred dollars with the 7UY the cheaper and then the 8UK and finally the PX50U.

From reading the specs I don't see a big difference??? The 8UK shows more billions of colors than the billions in the 7UY but will I be able to tell the difference.

So any help out there???

I am leaning toward getting the best deal on the discontinued 7UY. Any thoughts on that??

Thanks,

Bob Keenan

2. vileda

vileda
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Someone correct me but the U in the UY means its an american import, and you really don't want to be messing around with them do you?

3. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Looking at Bob's profile, I'd guess that is what he wants as he is from the USA ;)

4. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    the phd7 will do you just fine i would think, the only problems are no digital HD at 50Hz, which is very much a european thing!