1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny 5 remorse?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Luc, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Luc

Luc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Anyone else a bit miffed about buying a Panasonic 5 series at the end of it's life and now seeing the 6 series for LESS than what you bought your 5 series for? I bought a 5 series only 3 months ago for £3200, and am now seeing the 6 series for £3000! :mad:

I love it (apart from the buzzing), but would love to exchange it for the 6 series. Am i the only one?

PS - on a side note, i want to wall mount my plasma instead of it sitting on the current SMS desktop stand, so i'm selling it in the classified forum, if anyone's about to buy a panny and wants a stand.

2. LDJ

LDJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I wouldn't be too disheartened. That's just a matter of fact with any technology, but especially so with cutting edge technology such as Plasma screens etc.
    Just think of all the enjoyment you have had out of the screen in the last three months. :smashin:
    In a few months time, those who buy the 6-series will be looking over their shoulders at the imminent 7 series no doubt and so on...

3. mrv

mrv
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Umm..

Similar thoughts when I first read about the 6 series but I resolved that I was not gonna worry about it. I'm afraid today;s technology will always be better and cheaper tommorrow and the trouble with that is that everyday there's another tommorrow (profound or what :laugh: :laugh: ).

And anyway, as I went for the 37" I can rest "happy" knowing that an equivalent is not available.

Mke

4. CounterWhine

CounterWhine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +155
    It's just the way it goes. Would you rather have my series 4 for £5450?

D.

5. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    I paid £3500 for my 5 series before Christmas, and don't regret it one bit!
    I spent 4 hours demo-ing the thing before buying.

I still think it is the best thing i have spent money on.
    It's not perfect, but very near.

I do know the slight flicker (in bright scenes etc) does exist, but it is very rare i see it.
    I know some people see it in normal viewing, and i'am suprised that i don't. I'am very sensative to low monitor refresh rates and see rainbows on all DLP projectors.

I don't see the 5th series as a cock-up due to some slight flickering, as it does everything else so good.
    Yes it would be better without it, but there you go!
    Most 100hz CRT TVs have a lot more picture glitches that really spoil the viewing pleasure etc.

I've not doubt that the 6 series will have some niggles as well. And it won't be long before people start posting them on here. Like the posters above said, everybody will be waiting to see if the 7 series fixes those faults!

I think the 6 series has a lot going for it with DVI and multi card slots. But the thing that i think was a good idea was the anti reflective screen. My screen is very glossy and reflects my back wall!
    Can't wait to see one...:smashin:

6. mrv

mrv
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    That didn't take long then - first niggles here

Fulabeer - You must have crystal balls.

Mike