1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panny 5 pixel problem - advice / experiences..

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by FaxFan2002, Oct 11, 2003.

1. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    My panny 5 (3 month old) has just developed a pixed problem. An entire line of pixels (horizontal) near the bottom of the screen are displaying the incorrect colours - they don't look dead as the colours vary as too what is displayed around them... - I guess this is a call to panasonic? What are peoples experiences of this? Do they lend you a another panel? do they pickup - if so do they provide packing etc? What info do you need when you call them?

Cheers,

Rob.

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,462
    Rob

I'd power down the screen, disconnect it from the mains and 'pull' your RCA or BNC Terminal Board - you dont need to take it all the way out; just 'unseat' it.

Then push it home again and fire up the system - quiet often this sorts out columns or rows of misbehaving pixels.

Regards

Joe

3. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Thanks Joe, but no joy I'm afraid. I should have mentioned it does do it on all inputs (vga).

Looks like a job for panasonic - can anyone tell me (either via this forum or private message) how I can get information from the set on hours viewed ? (just so I can check when it comes back) - I promise not to change anything!

Thanks,

Rob.

4. BigH

BigH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi Rob,

I had a warranty claim (twice!!) against my 50" PW5. No problems, Panasonic arranged full pick and collection (with a temporary panel) and they actually replaced it with a new one - twice!!

Don 't worry about hours run just record the serial number before you return it. I suggest you do this through the company who sold you the panel.

Regards,