Panny 42X10 or 42S10

ToneFox

Standard Member
Reaction score
I can get the S10 for about £70 more than the X10, im presuming I would be better off with the S10 or is there anything anyone knows that would say otherwise? :p

Thanks.

Not necessarily, the S10 is a hybrid of past and current technology (uses vreal3 for example) whereas the X10 is all current (vreal4 processing). The S10 would be worth it if you view a lot of hd content and sit close enough to see the extra detail (5-6ft away).

The S10 is last years panel (not neo-PDP) so it will use more electricity than the X10.

The S10 is last years panel (not neo-PDP) so it will use more electricity than the X10.

The X10 is not NeoPDP either. A far as power goes, the Panasonic web site says the 42S10 = 295W and the 42X10 = 245W.

The X10 is not NeoPDP either. A far as power goes, the Panasonic web site says the 42S10 = 295W and the 42X10 = 245W.
The reason why the S10 uses more is because of more pixels.

The X10 will be better for SD broadcasts like Freeview, DVDs and normal sky, even though it can play HD too. And new V real4

What about the motion creation? Surely the difference between Vreal3 and 4 can't be that great, I will be mostly gaming on the PS3 and 360 aswell as watching films :x as far as I understood the motion on the S10 is better, SD is comparable to X10.

I was so set on buying the 42x10 because I couldnt find the neoPDP panels here in dubai so I thought a full-HD wasnt worth it, but one thing made me change my mind, the resolution of the panel is 1024x768, thats neither proper HD (1366x768) nor 16:9, when I watched dark knight in the shop to compare the tvs ironically the 50" x1 looked sharper! the 42x1 clearly suffered from, I'm not sure how to say it, bad down conversion. when I watched it on the 42s10 it looked much sharper but the picture quality was pretty much the same, so I would suggest that you go and watch a blu-ray on both in the shop and compare both, if you dont think this is a problem then go for the x1 I say. is 50" x1 too big for you? I think it would be a better choice than both.

I was so set on buying the 42x10 because I couldnt find the neoPDP panels here in dubai so I thought a full-HD wasnt worth it, but one thing made me change my mind, the resolution of the panel is 1024x768, thats neither proper HD (1366x768) nor 16:9, when I watched dark knight in the shop to compare the tvs ironically the 50" x1 looked sharper! the 42x1 clearly suffered from, I'm not sure how to say it, bad down conversion. when I watched it on the 42s10 it looked much sharper but the picture quality was pretty much the same, so I would suggest that you go and watch a blu-ray on both in the shop and compare both, if you dont think this is a problem then go for the x1 I say. is 50" x1 too big for you? I think it would be a better choice than both.
I'm here in Bahrain. I was all set out on buying the X10, but it has been constantly sold out (first batch was 500 units, 2nd batch was 150 units, third batch??). Panasonic told me they were expecting delivery this week and was promised a call the moment they arrived. Long story short... they didn't call :mad::thumbsdow (welcome to the middle east) and the few units they had were sold out in a day or two. I don't think I can wait another month for a TV, so how is the s10 with SD tv? I appreciate your bluray comparison, but I have kids who love the disney channel and that is in standard def. Does it fare ok, with a seating distance of say 8-9 feet?:confused:

I'm here in Bahrain. I was all set out on buying the X10, but it has been constantly sold out (first batch was 500 units, 2nd batch was 150 units, third batch??). Panasonic told me they were expecting delivery this week and was promised a call the moment they arrived. Long story short... they didn't call :mad::thumbsdow (welcome to the middle east) and the few units they had were sold out in a day or two. I don't think I can wait another month for a TV, so how is the s10 with SD tv? I appreciate your bluray comparison, but I have kids who love the disney channel and that is in standard def. Does it fare ok, with a seating distance of say 8-9 feet?:confused:

great to find someone in a neighboring country who I can talk to! :p ok I think the SD picture looks good, ofcourse not all channels will look good depending on the quality of the signal but I suppose disney channel will look great on the tv. :) again I suggest you watch SD content in the store and see for yourself, and ask the sales person if they can import the g10 plasma for you 'cause I want to know too. :(

The sales person to whom I'd talked had said that they might get a G10 just to place on display. No sales. My take is they'll just bring it in to guage demand and place it on sale by next year to be able to offer the market something new and sell the 2010 range in Europe and the States and leave us out till mid-summer or after the world cup! Panasonic here is Al Futtaim Group as well, so the mothership lies in Dubai :). But I wouldn't trust him further than I can throw him :rolleyes: (sales guy), after all he was the one who promised and assured me that the moment the X10's came in, he'd give me a ring! :mad: If this was a year ago, I'd understand, but it was last Sunday :D! I was just concerned about the S10 because there are hardly any "user" reviews or threads about it, unlike the X10.... (read all 3 owners threads!!). I see people buying it but nobody is really posting any reviews. I guess I'll have to go back to the showroom yet again to take an objective look at the screen. :cool:

I bought a G10 today, neither an x10 or s10 eh, i got it cheap though, £650 :)

Comet are doing an offer atm, if you buy online you get a free blu-ray player worth £220 for £899, add an online 5% discount code your at £850, sell the blu-ray player for £200 your at £650 :p add a quidco cashback and its even cheaper

That is a good deal - just tried to look it up, but Comet's site is down (it is 2 am I guess! :D) What is quidco, and is it easy to get?

Google it, its just a website you sign up and visit comet through one of their own links, then anything you buy online on there gets a 3.5% cash back through the quidco site, it takes a small time to process though and I dont think it works for collect from store orders. The comet 5% discount code is 5500AW.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom