panny 42px60 or hitachi pd9700

swordfish456

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey folks just joined the forum as im about to plunge into the plasma market, my dilemma is this, i would rather purchase my tv instore if @ all possible & as such the cheapest i can get the px60 locally is 1199 with the 5yr manf. warranty(i live in Fife, Scotland)from the panasonic store in Dundee, however ive also been keeping an eye on the pd9700 which seems as good if not a better set which i can get for exactly the same price allbeit without the long warranty or the wall mount
so..............what would you do in my position?

bite the bullet & pay 200 more than i have to for the px60 with the manf. warranty or go for the hitachi with the standard 1yr warranty @ the same money

or buy either of em online for much cheapness with a d&g warranty

any help/advice appreciated

cheers

swordfish

:thumbsup:
Hey folks just joined the forum as im about to plunge into the plasma market, my dilemma is this, i would rather purchase my tv instore if @ all possible & as such the cheapest i can get the px60 locally is 1199 with the 5yr manf. warranty(i live in Fife, Scotland)from the panasonic store in Dundee, however ive also been keeping an eye on the pd9700 which seems as good if not a better set which i can get for exactly the same price allbeit without the long warranty or the wall mount
so..............what would you do in my position?

bite the bullet & pay 200 more than i have to for the px60 with the manf. warranty or go for the hitachi with the standard 1yr warranty @ the same money

or buy either of em online for much cheapness with a d&g warranty

any help/advice appreciated

noooooooooooooooooo DONT GET THE hitachi .............GET THE PANNY ....prive match it ...as empire direct have just price matched mine with dixons online price...im about to pick up my px60ped in about 2 hours time....cant bloody wait....got mine for £999.99 with 5 yr warranty...but if you go for the cab virsion then it would be £200 more but hay ...the cab looks crap anyway ...why would you buy the cab virsion when ..1) you can stick it on a wall or 2) buy a nice glass stand for half that price...

but i would sugest you go with the panny as there are a lot and i mean alot of problems with hitach 9700

cheers

swordfish

Don't think there are a 'lot' of problems with the Hitachi??

I have 1 - better looking, better picture and better features than the Panny.

""""""noooooooooooooooooo DONT GET THE hitachi .............GET THE PANNY ....prive match it ...as empire direct have just price matched mine with dixons online price...im about to pick up my px60ped in about 2 hours time....cant bloody wait....got mine for £999.99 with 5 yr warranty...but if you go for the cab virsion then it would be £200 more but hay ...the cab looks crap anyway ...why would you buy the cab virsion when ..1) you can stick it on a wall or 2) buy a nice glass stand for half that price...

but i would sugest you go with the panny as there are a lot and i mean alot of problems with hitach 9700""""""""

GOD knows what he on about. Hitachi AINT got alot of problems at all. Only issue some people are getting is the contract Flicker in which Mine is sorted and well please with mine now and many other people are please.

PANNY LOADS OF FAULTS I went through 3 set all bad as each other ALOT of purple and Green tint problems. Picture no way as good I can go on forever,

BUT it comes to our own preference and luck I suppose

noooooooooooooooooo DONT GET THE hitachi .............GET THE PANNY ....prive match it ...as empire direct have just price matched mine with dixons online price...im about to pick up my px60ped in about 2 hours time....cant bloody wait....got mine for £999.99 with 5 yr warranty...but if you go for the cab virsion then it would be £200 more but hay ...the cab looks crap anyway ...why would you buy the cab virsion when ..1) you can stick it on a wall or 2) buy a nice glass stand for half that price...
but i would sugest you go with the panny as there are a lot and i mean alot problems with hitach 9700
cheers
swordfish

Firstly it would be ideal if you learn how to post in your proper space rather than in what you quote :devil:

And Secondly, please state your reasons why people shpuld be AFRAID of the Hitachi 42PD9700 :confused: :confused:

From all points of view, both are exceptional brands and both quoted models have their pros and cons like with all :D :D

My opinion is biased and I would choose the Hitachi hands down, which IMHO wins in colour, design and cabinet quality :thumbsup: The Panny defintely has better blacks ;) The Hitachi has 1080-lines resolution too and a motorised swivel stand :smashin: :smashin:

Hope this helps :hiya:

My brother has the PX60 and a friend just bought 9700........overall I would pick the Hitachi....the black level aint as good as the PX60 but the the overall PQ were better on the 9700. My Pio 427 beats them both though :devil:

I'm forever linking threads to other threads to other threads about the same topic lol...but see here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3850862

Jon

Quality, just laughed my ass off at that.

Click on the link, oh there's another in that thread, click on that and oh my god another one to another thread that has yes you guessed it another link to another thread and so on and so on.

Can you trace your links back to the end and put one into this thread to make a loop?

Funny As.....thanks mate!!

Lol well just give it a few days or weeks, someone is bound to pop the PX60 VS 9700 question again, and yep, linked to here!
I link back so that then they can read through everything...!

Jon

I'm stuck with this as well. The Hitachi seems to be a good choice, but I can't see on the website that it supports HDCP. I am told this is essential for $ky HD via HDMA.

I like the look of the Panasonic, but I am put off by tales of purple snakes! The 37" would be my choice in that brand.

I have had a Hitachi 7200 since April and am very happy with it... However, for the last 3 months or so, the 7200 owners thread is almost exclusively riddled with posts about the set dying - PSU dead as a dodo. Conveniently enough for Hitachi, just out of warranty in nearly all cases!
Despite much contact with Hitachi, they have done absolutely nothing.... seemingly preferring to turn a blind eye and hope the complainants go away. There is a forum members' database now set up to catalogue the problem and I believe that some members have contacted watchdog as a last ditch attempt to get Hitachi to own up to their responsibilities.

I was in the market for another plasma a few weeks ago and my shortlist was the Hitachi 9700 and the Panasonic PX60. I much prefer the styling of the 9700, and a consideration was also the superior sound over the PX60..... However, in the end, I let my head rule my heart and bought the PX60, based almost entirely on the way Hitachi has treated the 7200 owners.... Who is to say that in time, the 9700 won't develop a similar fault? .....

As you know, the Panasonics come with the free 5 year warranty (up until 24th Dec) , which is potentially worth upwards of £500 and certainly some peace of mind.

Both are fine TV's, but given the choice, with all things being equal (company support), I would choose the Hitachi 9700.

CFC1 - Just being nosey... but how does the picture quality of SD/Freeview on the PX60 compare to the Hitachi?

No probs... I live out in the sticks and can't get freeview so can't comment.

I have to speak from memory as the PX60 is now connected via RGB SCART to the standard SKY box (the Hitachi used to be, but is now fed SKY via coax, so now not quite as good). But there really isn't too much in it, except, as already stated, the black rendition is noticeably better on the PX60. I am very happy with the PQ generally...obviously, it differs greatly from channel to channel, but the good ones are very good (on both sets).

Funny enough, when we set up the PX60 a couple of weeks ago, the missus said she preferred the 7200's picture....even though it was fed by a 30 metre run of coax! :eek: ....... But then again, she reckons she looks like Marilyn Monroe....:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom