Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panny 42PWD7 + scart adapter - help?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by mattij, Mar 9, 2005.

1. mattij

mattij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got my 42PWD7 (note the D) and after connecting the adapters and video sources - I was puzzled. I can't get the RGB throught the scart adapter (TY-42TM6T) - only composite video is shown regardles of the settings in the video source (digibox/DVD).

Would someone have an idea what could be wrong (video sources are set to RGB, scart cable is fully connected, and I tried both slot 1 and 2 on the panny) or is it simply the case that the scart adapter wont work properly with 42PWD7???

Thanx,
    Matti

2. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,091
    Hi

Repeatedly push the input select button - it cycles through composite, s-video and RGB.

Regards,

Steve

3. mattij

mattij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx for suggestion,

but I did try that - and only the composite shows ok, rgb (or s-video - dont know which) shows a black&white picture with lot of noise. Could something be derived from this?

BR,
    Matti

4. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,091
    The noisy black and white signal is s-video.

Are you absolutely positive your devices are outputting RGB, and are you absolutely certain your cables are fully wired?

Bear in mind that only the TV socket on your Sky box outputs RGB.

Steve

5. mattij

mattij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx again Steve,

I tried with both the digibox through TV output and Sony DVD - and I'm quite positive that RGB was on. But the cable I have to admit is not 100% verified - although after opening the connector end it seemed pretty much fully connected.

BR,
    Matti

6. mattij

mattij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Continued...

Actually I'm pretty convinced that the cable is ok as well, because it used to work with the old tv-set (rgb enabled).

Do you or does someone else have this combination working a-ok? Because I'm most concerned that the problem would be that the D -model is not compatible with the scart adapter.

BR,
    Matti

7. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,091
    There is no doubt whatsoever that the SCART board will accept an RGB signal on both the PW6 and PWD6.

You've either got a cable problem, a source problem, a faulty SCART board, or a faulty panel.

There. That narrowed it down a bit didn't it :rotfl:

Steve

8. hermanmunster

hermanmunster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Stevelup is correct; I have sky digibox on PWD6 into Panny scart board. Output on sky is RGB; If I cycle the inputs then I have 2 settings on the scart; 1 is the RGB (nice) the other is the nasty B&W which is the S Video which of course standard sky boxes don't support.

If you have checked that your sky box is outputting RGB; that you have a fully wired decent scart cable then try to move the scart board into another slot (I think they work in 1 & 2 only). If that doesn't work then points to scart board. If it does work then slot may be faulty :eek:

9. mattij

mattij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We can take the source and the cable from the equation. And I have tried both slots 1 and 2. Furthermore the scart adapter is a used one and the previous owner has verified that it worked ok in his 6-series.

In my 7-series, In the setup -menu, the input parameters, the second option is for choosing between component and rgb. And this option is grayed out while using the scart input - but when using the component input it shows component as it should.

10. hermanmunster

hermanmunster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Can you borrow a new scart board from anyone??

11. mattij

mattij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately not - but I'm inclined to believe the seller that the scart board is fully functional. Does the 6-series have this setup menu with the component/rgb menu item?

The reason that took me thinking that maybe the D7-series is not compatible with the scart adapter is the fact that the user manual has a list of compatible adapters (including the component adapter) but no mention of the scart adapter whatsoever.

So if anyone has married the PWD7 with the scart adapter either successfully or not I would be grateful to hear about it.

BR,
    Matti

12. alanfcross

alanfcross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SCART terminal boards don't get a mention in the brochure that I've downloaded from the AV Sales site, but I guess that's because this is not a US part - it's for Europe only. The manual may omit it for the same reason.

13. mattij

mattij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone with 42PWD7 and scart board? Anyone?

BR,
    Matti