panny 42pwd6

N

NAUTILUS

hi all
at the moment i have a scart board in this plasma.. how much would i benefit in fitting a component board..?
many thx
nautilus

Hi Nautilus,

What are you wanting to connect to the PWD6 to utilise a component board?

Cheers

Andy

hi lads
many thx for replys the main plug ins will be dvd player and a sat system
thx again

hi lads
thx again the board i was looking at is TY42TM4YB. will this be ok for the wd6?
thx again

Speaking from personal experience I can confirm you will notice an improvement on quality when using component over Scart on the 6 series, at least I did :smashin:

hi lads
thx for info btw would a TH42TM6V board or a TY42TM4YB fit my panny?
thx

I have Scart & Component boards fitted to my PW7 & yes there IS an improvement.

I just bought a new house and one of these plasma is installed. I have no idea how it works. Sky installed the other day and the Sky man had to hook up the sky box to the stero to get sound. I've looked under the screen and there are speaker ports but when i attach the speakers i get no sound.

I've no idea how to get my DVD and playstation connected.

Can you help

I just bought a new house and one of these plasma is installed. I have no idea how it works. Sky installed the other day and the Sky man had to hook up the sky box to the stero to get sound. I've looked under the screen and there are speaker ports but when i attach the speakers i get no sound.

Can you help

Can you help

Hello Newcomer - If you have the PWD6 then what you're looking at is a plasma panel - not a television per se....it has no tuner and no speakers.
Most people who buy these have a seperate tuner (in your case Sky) and a home cinema 5.1 system for sound purposes.
Each device (Sky, DVD etc) links to the screen by means of "connection boards"....these boards fit into the panel, and enable you to then connect the devices. So you can by whichever boards suit your needs....RGB Scart, Component (best for most dvd players/systems), or HDMI.
if the installer has managed to connect the Sky box then I'm fairly sure you must have a Scart board already fitted ? Check around the panel - I'd be surprised if the previous property owner removed the boards but left the screen ??!!
Check these forums tho - there are numerous places/outlets selling the boards if you need more.
As you'll also read - the PWD6 is widely regarded as a superb screen so if you need to spend a few quid to update/upgrade it, it'll be money well spent.

Thanks.

I have a seperate DVD player - will i need to connect this to the screen and again to an amp or stero? also in terms of sound if i connect the playstation to the screen i guess it will have no sound. is there a way round it?

can i also just connect the TV direct to the stero or amp? I guess this would solve a lot of my problems.

I've looked underneath the screen and there is quite a lot of ports - i've no idea which is which

can you post come photos of what you have??

do you know how the sky guy got it connected?? i assume the plasma has a scart board installed??

Dal

There is no scart lead - there is a single lead that comes from underneath of the screen into the sky+ box. Then a standard audio (red and black) lead between the sky box and my stero. I will try and get a photo or diagram - can i just paste a photo in here?

There is no scart lead - there is a single lead that comes from underneath of the screen into the sky+ box. Then a standard audio (red and black) lead between the sky box and my stero. I will try and get a photo or diagram - can i just paste a photo in here?

what does it plug into scart or s-video on the sky box?

You would get a much better output getting either a scart board or a

js tech rgb > vga converter

located here - http://www.js-technology.com/

have a look in the classifieds they seem to go second hand for about 50 quid. Well worth the upgrade in my opinion.

uses the VGA slot on your plasma and the little black box converts the RGB from your sky+ box.

This is what i use.

Dal

Also - you have some sort of card in your plasma you really need to take a look and see what it is. A photo would help fella.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom