Panny 42PW7M + HDTV

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by stacks, Nov 5, 2005.

1. stacks

stacks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know a way of being able to watch HDTV on a Panny 42PW7? Happy with the TV but when HD comes out I know I'm going to want to be able to watch it and I dont really want to have to go and buy another TV.

2. UKseless1

UKseless1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Stacks - if the HD content is HDCP encrypted then you are at a diasadvantage unless you look into purchasing a Scaler. MAW, Gizlaroc, MEP and many more of the experienced chaps here will be able to offer more in depth explanations. Also, if you use the search feature, HD or the lack of it on this panel has been discussed a lot in the past

3. Thatsnotmynaim

Thatsnotmynaim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +978
    There is a HDMI or DVI board available for the PW7 which is what is required for HDCP content, unfortunately both will only work at SD resolutions for 50 Hz (PAL) material. They will accept HD (720p or 1080i) at 60 Hz (NTSC) but that's no good for Sky HD with HDCP. If Sky broadcast any material without HDCP then you can instead use the Component input as that works fine for PAL material at SD and HD resolutions. As mentioned above your only option for HD with HDCP is some kind of conversion device or a PW8 or PHD8.