1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panny 42pw6 v42pa20

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dvdrip, Jan 5, 2004.

1. dvdrip

dvdrip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi guys, i'am looking to replace my 37'' crt and like the ease of the 42pa20 with built in speakers and tuner. However i find myself questioning my choice as the general concenus on this forum is to go for the monitor and freeview. Is the picture quality really that bad with the pa20 compared to the pw6?
    I have tried several shops in NE England but have failed to see a side by side comparasion(have'nt even been able to see the pw6 anywhere!)Also what about speakers? Must be small(wife friendly!) ,i have been quoted £370 for the panasonic speakers for the pw6!!Any ideas?
    Finally if it was to be pw6 what board would be best for freeview ,sky,tivo, dvd and ps2?Have tralled all the threads and still not sure any help or advice would be grealty appreciated,cheers guys.

2. chez

chez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
  3. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    Dvdrip,

I'm a PW6 owner, who also posted on one of the threads referenced earlier. I looked at both the PW6 and the PA20 and I didn't see a noticable difference in picture quality. It is best of course if you can see both youself to decide.

I already had a surround sound system with speakers, and was planning Freeview for the "TV" part, so I didn't want/need the analog tuner or attached speakers, which was the main reason I went for the PW6. With some simple training, the PW6 is quite wife (and children) friendly.

To me, there are 2 things you need to consider:

1. Picture Quality: Again I think no signficiant difference, but you need to decide for yourself and be happy with the picture.

2. Sound/Speaker options: If you have, or plan to get anyway, a separate sound system (e.g. a 5.1 surround sound system), then I would lean towards the PW6. But if not, and you are happy with using the built in speakers, then go for the PA20. (assuming the picture passes the test).

Mark

4. dvdrip

dvdrip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks for your input guys,trying too get a side by side demo at the weekend.Has anyone seen the new JVC42v31 working? Just seen it on a website and it looks O.K. ,priced right(3K),and the last model got good reviews.Decisions,decisions!