1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny 42PW6 - conversion to US voltage

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by apgr, Oct 11, 2004.

1. apgr

apgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help!

I am a proud and happy Panny 42PW6 owner who is soon relocating to the US.

Clearly the Panny is happy with NTSC, but currently it can only take 240V 50Hz power supply.

Does anyone know if it is possible to swap out the power supply board and install the US version? And if so how much it is likely to cost?

Cheers...

Ade

2. Tony8377

Tony8377

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Not really sure but isn't something like this your best bet - I wouldn't really want to pull my plasma apart.

UK to USA power convertor

3. apgr

apgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The trouble is I really don't want to end up with a massive transformer in the vicinity of the plasma. I don't know what my new house will end up looking like (haven't even started looking yet!), but the chances are that we will want the Plasma in a family room and there may not be an easy place to hide a big transformer.

If I can't get it modified than I will sell it (possibly as a sweetner for selling my current house) - then I'll just have to buy a new one when I get to the US ;) .

I was hoping one or two of the dealers who follow these forums may be able to advise me.

Cheers...

Ade

4. Tony8377

Tony8377

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Also I would think you would get a fairly good price second hand and could probably buy a new one in the US for not much more as things generally tend to be cheaper over there. I'd be somewhat concerned trying to transport a Plasma all the way over to the US considering it's supposed to be upright the whole way. People on this forum have enough problems getting one delivered in the UK in one piece let alone to another continent.

5. roligan

roligan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ade,

I haven't looked here for a while which is too bad since I moved from the US in late 2002 and I have exactly the same plasma but it takes 110V 60Hz power supply. I guess you have probably moved by now. If not then I actually live in the UK now if you are still planning to move and want to discuss a swap.

Roligan