Panny 42PH9 reliability - extra warranty needed?

Digger

Just wondering if many owners have had any issues with this model as I am considering going for the AV Sales offer and may add the extra 3yr warranty. I guess it would be worth it for resale purposes, but will it get used?

RayP

Just wondering if many owners have had any issues with this model as I am considering going for the AV Sales offer and may add the extra 3yr warranty. I guess it would be worth it for resale purposes, but will it get used?

Given the quality of the panel it probably won't be needed but for the small additional cost it's too good to ignore.

If you don't get it you know what will happen don't you? :suicide:

Digger

One very good reason not to get it is that AV Sales tell me (having just spoke to them) that it is not transferrable. But for £280 they can provide one that is:eek:

J80FAB

At the price they quote the additional 3 years (5 years altogether including 2 years manufacturer's guarantee) seems like a decent price at £92.

I've just had a look at an independent quote for 3 years extended & that comes to £209.00 !

If you do decide to go for the extra cover remember to read through the policy details :)

RayP

One very good reason not to get it is that AV Sales tell me that it is not transferrable. But for £280 they can provide one that is:eek:

Why would you want to sell it within 5 years? It's one of the best panels around and the 42" range is unlikely to improve significantly in the next 3-4 years. I'm looking to keep mine for 6-7 years.

Unless you're a habituable upgrader of course! :eek:

J80FAB

Just read the T&Cs for their policy & it does not cover accidental damage.

Probably why the other quote was more because it covers things such as accidental damage.

You get manufacturer's 2 year guarantee. If you don't buy extended cover now you can always shop around for an extended guarantee before the 24 months you get comes to an end.

At least then during the 2 year period you will see whether you experience any problems with the screen & therefore you'll have the option of deciding at a later date eg. 23 months after purchase whether you should buy an extended guarantee or not.

There's always the Sales of Goods Act to protect you if something goes wrong after 24 months :D

RayP

I bet you dont :devil: :D

You might have a point though:)

LOL! You could be right of course but from what I've read here the PH9 isn't night-and-day better than the PH8 and people still rave about the SD quality of the PH7 and earlier.

I'm really not into all this 1080P hype. Having seen 720P on my PH9 that will do me just fine. As HorneyDragon say's in his sig "there's more to a good picture than lots of pixels". I hope he'll forgive the para-phrasing. :)

Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom