1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny 42PA50 from Germany. No Pal I: OK for Sky?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by socrates1, Jul 1, 2005.

1. socrates1

socrates1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I'm planning on importing a 42PA50 from Germany into Ireland. The specs do not show Pal I, but as I plan to use only Sky digital as a source, can someone please confirm that this is not a problem. I assume it would be a problem if I wanted to use the normal analogue aerial connection, (picture but no sound?). Thanks, KC

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    no problem with sky but i have heard than you can enable PAL-I from the service menu.............Have a search for "PA50" some one had a problem with no sound from tuner and sorted it

3. socrates1

socrates1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks Hornydragon, I'll check that out. KC

4. equity

equity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What I´ve got with PA50 is that I got nice picture on some channels but with buzzing or no sound.I´m using areal and also satelite antena and it happends in both cases.I´ve checked for this problem here but I can´t find anything useful.Have I missed some option in menu?Can someone tell me if it´s possible to solve this problem thought service menu?
    :lease:

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Yes, you can enable PAL-I. I can't remember where it is at the moment, but an ordinary menu, in tuning? Certainly not any sort of engineers service menu, simpler and less dangerous!

6. equity

equity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MAW thank you for a quick reply I just tried it and- nothing happends.In fact PAL is default choice there.Now I´m sure that I can´t it fix it throught the normal menu, I´ve tried it all.Any other suggestion please?

7. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    It's there, you have to make it PAL-I not just PAL. My Dad has one of these, I remember having to do it when we installed it, but can't remember what we did.

8. equity

equity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you MAW.Only PAL,SECAM,M.NTSC and AUTO mode-that´s the offer in MENU/SETUP MENU/TUNING/COLOUR SYSTEM.That´s why I have to dig in the service menu I suppose.But I have to be sure what to do.