• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panny 42G10 plasma or 42S10 LCD?

VinceTG

Standard Member
Hi all
I am currently visiting Australia and a friend is looking at getting a new 42" TV. He can get a panasonic 42G10 plasma and a 42S10 LCD for around the same price. It will only be used for terrestial TV (although most are HD 1080i here) and the occassional DVD. Any thoughts from people with experience of both sets would be appreciated.
Thanks
Vince

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
Plasma especially for HD is going to be far superior to LCD on many counts, natural colour, black levels, motion etc. However in the UK the 42"S10 is a plasma?

VinceTG

Standard Member
Yeah that's what I thought as well but my friend assures me it is labelled as L42S10. Maybe I need to check at the supplier myself.
Vince

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
Yeah that's what I thought as well but my friend assures me it is labelled as L42S10. Maybe I need to check at the supplier myself.
Vince

It sounds as if the do an LCD version for the Australian market, the "L" before the number suggests so, i.e. in the UK it would be a TX PS10B the "P" indicating plasma. :) according to something I read from an Australian dealer who posted on here the G10 over there is different in that it has a quite a few things stripped out to meet tough energy requirements, that said it should still outperform LCD by a long way :)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom