Panny 42" Vierra, what settings are best for new install, plz

Taz69

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hiya all, I am going to set a m8s Vierra up for him, I was wondering what settings are best to run in it, dynamics etc, contrast. for best results, Sky and DVD will be used.

Cheers for any advice

Taz

use digital video essentials for proper calibration or a THX optimiser on something like the starwars dvds. These will have test patterens on them to enable you to correctly set up brightness ect.(the thx optimeser should only be used as a ruff guide though as it is more for seeting calibration for that particular film.)

All televisons and plasmas are set differently when they are made, one persons settings will be different form anothers because of this and also because people see things differently.

However ever, as a very ruff guide.

Set to cinema mode.
contrast about 3/4 of the way up
brightness about tow clicks lower.
colour as is.
sharpness down on click.

this how ever may not look right on the display your adjusting so proper test patterens are the way to go

I have Avia, but I thought at first (first 200 hours or so) settings had to be set as low as poss etc.

Taz

Cinema mode with the settings about half way and colour set to warm worked fine for me. I did not find the need to change them after 200 hrs or use my DVE. But as David said ever set must be different and I have only had the one.

Taz69 said:
I have Avia, but I thought at first (first 200 hours or so) settings had to be set as low as poss etc.

Taz

well yes as a precaution, and I normaly recomend this, but thinking about it I dont actually think I did it with mine. I just set every thing with DVE out of the box.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom