1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panny 42" to pc??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by danny-p, Dec 15, 2002.

1. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im thinking about connecting my 1.8ghz pc to my panny 4 series plasma but am unsure about the best way to do it, what the best cables are, and how to connect to my amp to obtain sound?

Also what ratio would the pc be in or would it just fill the screen?

cheers.....danny-p

2. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Hello Danny

Use a good quality VGA cable to connect the PDP to the PC. After all, that's what the things were originally designed for! Would get best results from setting the output resolution of your PC to match the resolution of the plasma. I believe that the more modern versions of Windows (such as XP) can be set for widescreen VGA resolutions. The folks over on the HCPC forum would be the best to give advice on this. Also a lot of folks over on the projector forum who use HCPCs.

As far as sound is concerned, could either use the PCs analogue stereo feed to plug into your amp., or for better results fit a digital 5.1 surround sound card to the PC. These have an optical digital out connector to plug straight into your amp.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AV Junkie
    has pretty much given you the answer
    I have a sims RGB Converter for DVD Player and sky (looped)

plus i just switch the VGA cableS from the PC into the sims box to watch the PC

And it all works great, i'm in the process of buying a 2 way VGA adapter so I dont have to keep swapping them manually all the time

if I watch DVD'S via the PC ... I use power strip to switch to the Plasma's native resolution, and depending of the aspect ratio, if it has any black bars -- I use the zoom mode on the Plasma to get rid of em